Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank You Batch! (Read 1178 times)
bfbuddah
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Thank You Batch!
Apr 4th, 2016 at 10:10am

Pete,

I am a 42 year old male with a 20 year history of episodic cluster headaches.  I have averaged one and a half cycles per year with only 2 pain free years in the last 2 decades.  My cycles typically last 8 weeks with 1-2 attacks per day at an average of about a 7 on the Kip.  I had tried O2 many years ago but did not have knowledge about the proper flow rate.  Figured that out three years ago and it is effective but, as you know, the logistics can be challenging with travel and work.

My most recent cycle began on March 28 with three attacks on that day after feeling the aura twice in the week prior.  The 29th and 30th had two attacks each and one on the 31st.  I took 10,000 I/U of D3 and Omega 3 Fish oil on the night of the 31st in addition to starting 480 mg of daily Verapamil.  Took 60,000 I/U and 2 fish oil on April 1st in addition to the Verapamil.  I have not a headache in 72 hours and feel great.  Three pain free days once the cycle has begun has NEVER happened to me before. 

Unfortunately, I did not get the blood test prior to starting because I was VERY skeptical. I will be taking 20,000 I/U daily per week for 2 weeks, 15,000 I/U daily for the following two weeks.   If I remain pain free, I will take 10,000 I/U per day for as long as I live.

Is there someway that I can keep you updated on any additional information that might be helpful as you document results for your survey?  I would be happy to get any blood tests in the future that might benefit your data accumulation.  I am in your debt sir. THANK YOU for your efforts and your sharing! 

IP Logged

bfbuddah
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Thank You Batch!
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 10:25am

I would also like to say thank you to the moderators and posters at this site.  I have read and learned so much from all of you here... including how to use the O2 and Batch's D3 regimen.  Also thanks for selling the O2 masks... they are perfect and I have 2.  God bless you all.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 1:53pm

Hey Bfbuddha, it's great to read that you're on the road to hopefully  being pain  free long term.
I think it's important to take all the elements of Batch's D3 regimen, ie: Magnesium, calcium, super K, Vit A, Fish oil, zinc and Boron as well as the D3.
Batch has helped many of us here.
All the best

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 2:11pm

Hey BFBuddah,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and kind words.  You're not out of the woods just yet as it takes a few weeks for all the enzymes needed to hydroxylate (metabolize) vitamin D3 to stabilize. During that time, roughly 15% of CHers who had an early PF response find the CH beast jumping ugly for a few days.  If that happens, just stick with the regimen and the beast will be gone for good.

Keeping up the feedback on your experience with the anti-inflammatory regimen here at CH.com will be very helpful to me and many other CHers.  It's feedback like yours that's particularly helpful for CHers who have yet to give this regimen a try.  Success breeds success if you get my drift.

When you've completed the 4-week vitamin D3 loading schedule and have been on the 10,000 IU/day maintenance dose for another month to allow your 25(OH)D to reach a stable equilibrium, see your PCP for lab tests of your serum 25(OH)D, total calcium and PTH (parathyroid hormone). 

Your 25(OH)D serum concentration should come back at 80 ±10 ng/mL. That said, we're all a little different when it comes to the 25(OH)D response to dose of vitamin D3. 

If your 25(OH)D serum concentration is out of that range you can adjust your vitamin D3 maintenance dose up or down accordingly.  A good rule of thumb is 50 IU vitamin D3 per pound of body weight a day.

Check your PM InBox for some additional information.

Take care, thanks again for the feedback and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!