Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shortness of breath during CH cycle (Read 2688 times)
mfocht
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Shortness of breath during CH cycle
Mar 31st, 2016 at 11:29pm

Hi there!
The last 3 cluster cycles I have been experiencing shortness of breath many times a day. Does anybody else experience this?

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Shortness of breath during CH cycle
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 5:37pm

I've not experienced this. It isn't a standard CH symptom.

It is quite possible that in addition to CH you've something else happening, so I'd consult your doctor about this.

IP Logged

mfocht
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 8:36pm

I met with my doc today. He said that it might be from the stress of the CH. I don't have a problem during an attack it is normally when I am relaxed. Anyways he said that my lungs seemed fine.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:22pm

Good that you got it checked out. It can be all to easy to assume that everything we get is due to CH and potentially miss getting other stuff treated.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 7:49am

Do you have Oxygen for the CH attacks.

If so, put the mask on and set the regulator at its lowest setting (.5 litre/minute, I think) and breathe slowly until the breathlessness passes.

Regards,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

mfocht
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 11:07pm

Thanks Peter! I will give that a shot!

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 11:10am

Mfocht,

Have you started the vitamin D3 regimen?

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

mfocht
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 4:27pm

Hi Batch!
Sure have! I am 9 days in so far. I followed your recommendation to the letter. It might be to soon to tell but I am confident that will make a difference. I have only had 3 attacks since beginning. Granted that might be because I am 2 months into my cycle and at the tail end but I will continue to try all the boards tips moving forward!

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #8 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 8:28am

Hey Mfocht,

Thanks for the update.  Confusing a favorable response to the anti-inflammatory regimen or any other CH preventative for that matter, with end of episodic cycle can be a problem.  It's classified as a "confounding factor" in clinical trial speak.

We tried to quantify this confounding factor in the online survey of CHers taking this regimen to prevent their CH with the following question and response...  You be the judge.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The simple solution to knowing for sure if vitamin D3 and the rest of the anti-inflammatory regimen really prevented your CH is to stay on this regimen year round. 

That way when your next regularly scheduled CH cycle comes around... and it's a non-event that you sail through CH pain free...  You'll know for sure. Lots of episodic CHers have done this over the last five years.

Staying on the anti-inflammatory regimen year round is actually a very good thing to do.  The health benefits made possible by taking this daily regimen are amazing.  Click on the following link at VitaminDWiki to see RCT based medical evidence that vitamin D3 works.  It's a list of 68 medical conditions or diseases either prevented or successfully treated with vitamin D3:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

I think this regimen is so important for good health I have my entire family and many friends taking it year round... and I'm the only one with CH.  That includes my daughter who's been taking it for over 4 years and 20 month old grand daughter Fred a.k.a. Winefred.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Fred has been on this regimen since conception and still takes a scaled down version for her body weight today.

My daughter's OB and Fred's pediatrician have been kept in the loop on this regimen from the get-go.  Both have become very supportive of vitamin D3 therapy.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

mfocht
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 8:51am

Thanks Batch!
It is encouraging to hear that D3 has worked for you and your beautiful family.

Will definitely keep you posted!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!