Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What's the name of the hospital stay 3 day drip ? (Read 1399 times)
Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

What's the name of the hospital stay 3 day drip ?
Mar 30th, 2016 at 12:41am

I remember from years ago reading about doing a 3 day hospital stay doing some sort of I.V. drip to get relief. Is anyone here familiar with, or have done this procedure ? The D3 doesn't work at all, I cannot see the neuro until May 2nd to get prevents, and the attacks are increasing terribly. 5 each the last two days. The one that just ended lasted 2 hours. I can't take it much longer and another 2 hour one I am going to the E.R. and would like to try this drip procedure.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: What's the name of the hospital stay 3 day drip ?
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 1:08am

You're probably thinking of the DHE (dihydroergotamine) intravenous drip.

Some useful links to read up more about it - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you want to read the posts about DHE from these forums - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 1:53am

Yes, that is was I was asking about. Printed all the info. Thank you !

IP Logged

Michael63
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 1:05pm

I had this procedure in the early 90's. My problem with it was, at that time I was a 6 - 8 CH/day. I could not stay in bed and have the drip try to work when the headaches attached one after the other.  As with most of the treatments that I have had done, it did nothing for me.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 9:20am

It's been a long time since this question popped up--but my memory says that this approach was a faiure for the folks who reported their experience.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!