Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster O2 Kit warranty? (Read 3438 times)
Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Cluster O2 Kit warranty?
Mar 9th, 2016 at 9:25am

Getting ready to order the O2 kit but was wondering if there is any type of warranty?

Thanks in advance,
Judy

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Cluster O2 Kit warranty?
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 7:36am

Judy,

I don't know about a warranty, but I can give you a guarantee......its significantly better than the rubbish you get in Pharmacies or A&E.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 9:23am

Hey Peter,
Hope you're well.
in your opinion, the mask on sale here is better than the one that would have been given to me by my local medical O2 supplier (HSE) here in Ireland?
I've received the anti-hystamine from ebay, thanks for the help.
All the best
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2016 at 9:24am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 10:48am

Thierry,

I got 2 masks (see photos) from BOC when I first got the tanks. Nowhere near as effective as the one I got here.

The main differences: the mouthpiece fits very snugly and the sack is large enough to fill your lungs fully. This is great for getting the Oxygen into the bloodstream quickly.

Keep well,

Peter.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2016 at 10:49am by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 10:56am

Ok Peter, thanks for that. Indeed, the bag on the mask I got from Boc (same as yours) is too small and does not allow for a lungsfull breath. Looks like i'll be getting myself one of the CH.com masks. Mind you, its been a while since I've needed it, I think it was in spring last year.
Have you managed to get a regulator that allows more than 15L/min? I haven't but the one i got from Boc (15L/min) has done the trick so far but i could definitely inhale more than that, when taking a deep breath, the O2 isn't coming fast enough.
Take care

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 11:09am

No, the 15L is all I've got, but if you inhale a the full bag on the cluster O2 mask and then exhale slowly you get more value out of the Oxygen and the bag is full again when you're ready for the next lungful.

Works for me anyway. I had a really rough time in the last week. Got a throat infection that required antibiotics. Loaded 40,000 iu/day in anticipation, but got Kip 10's all week. Only easing back today.

I had almost forgotten what K10's were like.

The O2 kit was a Godsend.

Peter.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 11:18am

Jaysus Peter, really sorry to hear that.
F....n hate them kip 10
Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy... well might make an exception for our governemnt after the pain they have inflicted to the people of this island lol
Glad to know you're better now.
Do you Use Zomig? When i was in cycle (over 3 years ago now) I used to take it at bed time so i wouldn't get my hits which 98% of the time happened at night.
I have plenty of them as I always keep a stock of them, by my bed, in the car etc...
If you want some just say.
Take care

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 11:26am

I used Zomig years ago. Don't remember it doing a lot of good, but in fairness I've had so much crap over the years I'm not sure which was good or bad.

I don't use any Meds at all anymore. I use O2 and  a gammaCore device when things get really tough. Thankfully, due the Batch's D3 Regimen, I rarely get into trouble these days.

A few shadows each day that O2 or Energy Drink will usually see off, is my usual. A world away from the bad old days.

Peter.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 11:36am

Yea Batch's D3 regimen is my life saver too. Like yourself, not on any meds, i just keep some out of fear of an attack.
I haven't tried the energy drink yet because haven't really had an attack since i learned about them, which was after i started on the d3 regimen.
All the best

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #9 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 11:42am

Yep.  Chat soon.

IP Logged

Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Reply #10 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 6:33pm

Thanks guys for the input. I have been using the one I got from the O2 supplier and they just don't last long w/o getting a leak. Going to order the O2 kit now!

Judy

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 6:53pm

Judy,

Let us know what you think.

P.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 7:01pm

Next to "BB King Live at the Cook County Jail" album I bought in 1975...which opened this pop rock country boy's eyes to REAL music.....the clustermask from here was my BEST purchase. It improved upon Simons Clustermask(BLESS that man forever)...which itself was 100% better than anything you get off the shelf....

When I think about the ONE thing I would have time to grab if I had to get outa the house FAST...that would be it....................

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #13 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 9:49pm

When I first used the "good" mask, I was amazed at how well it worked. The world was wonderful and that was my choice for a year or two. Eventually I switched to a mouthpiece and it was much more comfortable and practical for ME. That was my choice for about 10 years. Remember that HOW you get 100% O2 isn't the key. It is actually getting 100% that counts.

The bigger issue for me was that as the pain driven adrenaline set in, my instincts were to breathe more. I finally got a 3 liter bag that would let me take a really full, deep breath without the bag going flat-empty - leaving my starving for air.

Eventually, I discovered that breathing at a really high rate, stopped the attack in 1/3 of the time - for ME. So I jumped to a high flow regulator at 25 lpm. Then 40 lpm, and I got where I could kill a hit with 30-40 VERY deep breaths if I preemptively hit the O2 tank. 

It is horrible for me to think about the agony that I endured because I was looking for a "golden bullet" instead of following the advice from some of the the hard asses here. They saved my butt.......

Oxygen therapy is a wonderful abortive tool for most CH sufferers, if they use it in a way that is effective for them. It is not a cure. It is a means to help you hang on long enough to find a program that reduces or stops the next one from coming.

Marc

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 10:12am

Hi everyone,  I can 100% recommend the mask I got here.  I only have 15lts per minute, but you can breathe faster because the bigger bag holds more 02. Worth every penny.

IP Logged

FrankF
CH.com Alumnus

Simi Valley, CA, USA
Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 12:28pm

I have two of them, purchased several years ago. Best $25 I ever spent.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!