Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anesthesia (Read 1820 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Anesthesia
Feb 18th, 2016 at 4:38pm

It's been many years since I read about anesthesia triggering a cycle and/or attack. Are there common anesthesia medications that are known as a trigger to CH'ers?

Going into a procedure in 3 weeks requiring full sedation and would greatly appreciate feedback.
Thanks in advance.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Re: Anesthesia
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 4:59pm

Gregg,

As you already know, I think that you will find it to be highly variable based on individual cases. You're right, it was discussed more often in the past.

Best of luck!

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 5:04pm

Thanks for your reply Marc. That does make sense, however I thought there was Propofol or some other specific anesthesia med that was unanimously mentioned as a trigger. Hmmm. Roll Eyes

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 5:11pm

Greg,

I Had a lung biopsy in December and got a severe enough attack the following day. It lasted for two days, possibly because I increased my D3 intake to 40,0000 iu per day for a week.

If you're on the D3 regime it would be wise to increase you D3 to 40,000 iu per day for a week before your procedure.

Good luck,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 5:21pm

+1 Peter
I increased my D3 intake to 50000iu/day for 4 days before the removal of a tooth.

I did this as I had read Batch saying that an operation can gobble up the available D3 to heal the damaged area.
Also thought that the local anasthetic would do the same.

All the best

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 7:03pm

LasVegas wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 5:04pm:
Thanks for your reply Marc. That does make sense, however I thought there was Propofol or some other specific anesthesia med that was unanimously mentioned as a trigger. Hmmm. Roll Eyes

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Well, the old memory may not be up to par these days  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!