Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can the newest sumatriptan injector be opened (Read 1227 times)
CHfather
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Can the newest sumatriptan injector be opened
Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:33pm

I have looked at the videos and searched here, but the injector I have does not have a seal that can be broken. The top part, up toward where the injector button is, does not twist apart or pull apart, as has been described -- it's all one piece.  It's from Sun Pharma.  I'm sorry if I'm repeating, but I have searched before asking this. I see some people talking about hacksawing it open or using a bread knife -- Is that for this model?
THANK YOU!!

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: Can the newest sumatriptan injector be opened
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:36am

I have no experience with injector pens but have seen your question before. It was suggested to get some needles like those for diabetes (I don't know the proper name for them) Squirt the sumatriptan from the injector into the needle then use the partial amount you need. I'm sure someone will be along soon that can explain this better.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 12:09pm

Hi CHfather

I heard somewhere that sun pharma had stoped making the auto injections, and when current stocks are gone there will be no more.

Anyway, if you google "cluster headache splitting injections" you'll find a you tube thing of a guy wearing a cap showing you what to do.  I THINK they are the sun pharma ones.

Alternatively, if you can get some syringes with needles on - the kind diabetics use, you can trigger the auto injection into the syringe, and then use half at a time.

Hope this helps
Maz

IP Logged

CHfather
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:10pm

Thank you, Bob and Maz!  I've got it.  The video did help (and there are a couple more out there now, too).  Somehow, breaking apart that tube was a lot harder for me than it seems to be on any of those videos. Technique, I guess.
Again -- thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!