Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
adding Benedryl to D3 regime? (Read 1529 times)
fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
adding Benedryl to D3 regime?
Jan 18th, 2016 at 6:47pm

Hi All,

After 19 months PF, they've returned.  I'm lucky that mine aren't  as severe as most, but they're still awful.  I've been on the anti inflammatory regiment for about 2 years, and it's worked great.  This time though, the intensity and duration of the HAs has increased substantially.  In skimming through the threads, I've seen adding Benedryl may help with the D3?  Can someone please explaine this to me? 

Currently, I'm taking the D3 20,00i/u, Calcium, Mag, Fish, Boron, Multi 6 days and upping the D3 to 50,000 on the 7th.

I'm also busting with psilocybin.  2x 12oz Red Bulls help with most attacks. 

Thanks all.  This board has helped me greatly

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: adding Benedryl to D3 regime?
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 1:15am

Benedryl (or one of the other first generation antihistamines) can help where allergies are an issue, impacting how vitamin D3 is being utilized. Being a first generation antihistamine, benedryl crosses the blood brain barrier, which later ones do not (which is why the early ones resulted in issues with drowsiness and later ones do not).

Batch will be able to give you a lot more detail.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 7:36pm

Hey Fiftyamp,

Mike is spot on with his comments on Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) as a first-generation antihistamine.  25 mg every 12 hours should be sufficient.  Just be careful and not drive if possible as it will make you drowsy.  If you need to drive during the day, take 50 mg in the evening when you're done driving for the day.

Your present vitamin D3 intake should be more than sufficient to keep your 25(OH)D above 80 ng/mL and likely higher than 100 ng/mL.  Off hand, this should be more than sufficient to ward off an immune system response to infection as the cause of your CH returning.

If it's been more than six months since your last lab test of your serum 25(OH)D, you might want to see your PCP or neurologist for this lab test.

In addition, if you haven't already done so, starting a 3-month course of vitamin B 50 is also a good idea.  For some reason, some CH'ers consume one or more of the seven B vitamins while taking the anti-inflammatory regimen.  Vitamin B50 is formulated with 50 mg each of the seven B vitamins so takes care of any deficiencies.  If you're taking the Kirkland brand Mature Multi, you'll be getting sufficient amounts of the seven B vitamins. 

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 2:58pm

Thanks Guy!  And Batch, thank you for your time and patience. 

This cycle has been hell; one of the worst I've experienced in many years.  The HAs are lasting much longer than I've experienced in the past, up to 2-3hrs, with a small break only to ramp back up again.  Busting hasn't even been working.  My cycles usually last 3-4 weeks, and I'm starting week 3 today, Hopefully they'll leave soon.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 4:17pm

Fiftyamp,

Have you tried the Benadryl (Diphenhydramine)?  One 25 mg tablet every 12 hours for a week should do the trick.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!