Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Busting and Wellbutrin (Read 3003 times)
JustinVI
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
Busting and Wellbutrin
Dec 29th, 2015 at 6:52pm

Hello friends…

It’s the holiday season and as usual I’m suffering through it with my CH Monster. I’m 4-5 weeks into my cycle. Which came 6 weeks late this year (I believe due to my continued D3 regimen).

This is my first cycle trying to bust with MM. I stopped using Imitrex about 10 days before my first bust attempt.  My first busting attempt was 9 days ago with a very small dose. I waited 6 days and then busted again with a slightly larger dose. Multiple hits are still coming daily. However, the timing, severity and duration are all out of whack. So I feel like I’m making progress. I would like to bust again in a few days. I’m hoping to avoid “shutting the door”, but kick this Monster back into remission as quickly as possible.

Now for my question. My PCP gave me an Rx for Wellbutrin. The main goal was to help me quit smoking (I was extremely unsuccessful with Chantix and other methods). But also help with depression during my cycle. I started the Wellbutrin this morning with thoughts of kicking off 2016 happy and soon to be smoke free. Now I’m wondering if that was a bad idea…

I’m seeing conflicting info about busting while taking Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is not specifically listed here: clusterbustersDOTorg/treatment-options-busting/playing-well-together/
Wellbutrin is an NDRI not an SSRI or an MAOI like most anti-depressants.
I can’t seem to find the original link right now. But I found the same info quoted in another post:

From CB FAQ:

There are some medications which may interfere with psilocybin (and LSD):

* anti-convulsants or anti-epileptic medications such as Neurontin(gabapentin) and Topamax(topiramate). The exact mechanism by which topiramate works, for example, is still unknown, so it is impossible to even guess whether or not it will interfere with psilocybin.
    * medications which are either synthetic analogs of certain hormones or which regulate hormone production: Prednisone and Synthroid, for example. There is no direct evidence to suggest that these drugs will interact with psilocybin, but hormones have a very complex and inter-related effect on numerous body systems. We have seen a few reports suggesting that thyroid levels play a part in cluster headaches
  * tranquilizers and mood-altering medications such as Xanax, Valium, Prozac and Wellbutrin.

Does anyone have any experience busting while taking Wellbutrin ?

Many thanks in advanced.
J.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: Busting and Wellbutrin
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2015 at 9:57pm

Hi Justin,
Maybe also, ask your  Questioning at ClusterBusters, the link is to your left on this page.

Hoppy

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 2:40am

Hey Justin,
sorry can't help you with busting.
As regards ending a relationship with nicotine,
I know you're not asking but i'm going to throw in my 2 pence.
I have smoked for nearly 35 years and just didn't want to go on -well, the brainwashing wanted me to go on smoking but i couldn't phathom the idea of an empty chair at my kids' weddings and the other horrible things that happen as a result of smoking.
There' s an English guy who wrote a book that has helped millions of people to stop and actually makes it easy -well, easier than i thought it would be-. His name is Allen Carr and the book is "easy way to stop smoking". With it, you put out your last cigarette as you finish the book. I read the book over and over for 2 months but not the last page until the end of  the 2 months. The reason I did this was that i really wanted this attempt to work so i prepared myself thoroughly by getting my brain washed by the book. And God knows my brain needed washing as regards cigarettes and nicotine.
So on the eve of the date i had told myself i would become a non-smoker i had my last cigarette as i read the last page of the book -late at night-.
For my 1st morning off the nicotine, I had orgnised a session with a good hypnohterapist followed by a session with a accupuncturist. (I really wanted to do all I could to make this attempt work).
I followed this up with 5 more sessions with the accupuncturist (1 session every 3 days).
With all this help, I found stopping smoking surprisingly easy, I did experience some cravings for around 3 weeks but they were surprisingly mild and easy to push aside, then eventually the cravings disapeared.
Today, i'm still off the cigarettes (6 months), and enjoying it so much. I realise how smoking kept my morale and enthusiasm about life down.
Since I stopped, I continue to feel better every day and I have put the money i would have spent on cigarettes in a box so I could treat myself to something rewarding.
In a couple of days -1st January-, my partner and I are heading off to south India for a month to soak up the sun, chill, and do a 10 days yoga retreat with a great teacher that we know, all with the money i didn't spend on the evil weed. Cigarettes are very expensive here in Ireland at €10/pack. (AUS$15 - US$12).

What makes it even better is that I'll get an endless and free supply of Vit D3 for the month  Smiley Cheesy Grin

I believe the thing that helped me the most is the "easy way to stop smoking" book.

You can stop too.

I hope it's ok to share this here, i do wish that every smoker gets to a place where they are nicotine free and experience the great feelings of mental and physical wellness that can bring.

All the best
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2015 at 5:31am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 4:38am

Thierry,

That's a great post.

I'm off the dreaded weed 6 months myself next week. Unfortunately my incentive was some bad results from a chest X-Ray, but I quit that day, cold turkey and it was surprisingly easy.

I guess a good kick up the arse does wake you up!!!!

I too feel better every day and believe me, if I can quit, anyone can.

Enjoy your well earned holiday. Sounds fab.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 5:20am

Hi Peter,
souns like we kicked it around the same time  Smiley

Sorry to hear about your lungs xray, how's things now?

I'll be flying in to Goa which is also a place where some people go to party. The party place is in north Goa, My partner and I are going to south Goa which is a more calm and chilled place.
However, as some of Goa is a drug fuelled party place, the custom checks for class A drugs (cocaine, Xtc etc...) at Goa airport are quite tight (so I hear).
I will have with me a big jar full of various capsules and tablets that constitute the D3 regimen for my month away.
the calcium capsules are white, some capsules are more light brown. I hope customs won't take them off me.
But if they do, i guess i shouldn't be too worried about not taking the regimen for the month as january is the sunniest time of the year there and I will likely be spending most of it on or near a beach so getting plenty of natural D3. We will be staying in a beach hut for the frst 2 weeks and spending most of the month in the sun
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

All the best to you and yours Peter.
Happy and PF new Year

Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2015 at 5:21am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #5 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 6:38am

Hey Thierry,

The lungs are good at the moment, but the future may not be so great. Just another of life's challenges.

My Daughter has travelled to Goa (north end) and she says you might have the Vits confiscated, but as you say, you will be getting loads of D3 naturally.

Sounds like a great trip. Come safely back to us.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #6 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 1:37pm

Hi Peter,
Oops! I hope I didn't get your daughter in trouble by saying what goes on in north Goa! LOL.
I'm sure i'll be poping in to here if i find myself in front of a computer during my trip (though will keep this to a minimum but as I'm self-employed I kind of have to check if a job is coming in).
Thanks for the good wishes.
Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year.

Justin, sorry for hi-jacking your thread.
Hope you get the answers you're looking for.
All the best.

Happy new year to all, May it be PF and joyful.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!