Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Colonic (Read 10158 times)
JohnM
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Cape Town|South_Africa|africa|279|420|
Colonic
Dec 13th, 2015 at 3:51pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's been almost 10 years since I posted the above and I've been a very infrequent visitor here but decided to share my past 10 years experience anyway:

I'm now almost 64 and have suffered from clusters since I was a kid in high school.

the best thing I discovered before this was the imigran/imitrex injection in the mid 90's so I was at least able to kill a CH easily but I still went for 4-8 weeks per year of pain.

Since I discovered that a colonic could stop a cycle in it's tracks I have been taking that course of action whenever a cycle starts. I usually start off with a few minor HA's a few weeks before a cycle starts and they increase in intensity until I get the 2am wake up and reach for the trex injection. (I still have some long expired ones that still work!)

so every year or so when the cycle begins I go see my colonic therapist. Each time its more or less the same experience. The water goes in until it reaches my left hand side then it gets uncomfortable as its always blocked. The therapist intensely massages my left colon area and eventually the blockage clears. Then the next blockage is always in my right hand side and the same massage process until after about 30 mins the colon is empty of sh.t.

The therapist likens my colon to a twisted garden hose with kinks in it. Water (sh.t) still flows but slowly past the kink. When the kink is freed water flows properly. It seems that faecal matter build up that stays in the colon too long (24 hours is normal from mouth to anus) can cause you to feel bad in various ways and I believe my CH is due to this.

That night I usually struggle to sleep and feel quite hyper, but the headaches are gone for another year or so.

Anyway its not a full "cure" as such but is a drug free treatment that works well for me and keeps me CH free for the past 10 years. My colon seems to have a tendency to twist as time goes by and apparently its quite a common thing.

If you decide to try it ,go to a properly qualified therapist for a safe and easy result.

Moderation in everything; including moderation!

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Re: Colonic
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 11:26am

All yours Potter.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 12:50pm

LMAO @ you Bob.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 3:48pm

Thank goodness! I don't even have to think about this since I've aged out of having visits from our Friend.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 7:48pm

G'day, JohnM, and I reckon it's just beaut you've something that works for you and have taken the time to pass it on in the hope it might help others.

I know a few people who may well benefit from such a treatment, if not for CH then just to improve their outlook on life in general.

Cheers and beers,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 10:18pm

What a crock-o-shit.

Potter

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 3:23am

Which neatly proves the point.

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 11:12am

AussieBrian wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 3:23am:
Which neatly proves the point.

Brian.

You read stuff and you agree with it. Just because somebody's shit smells like yours, doesn't mean it's not still shit.

Potter

IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 11:32am

This town needs an enema  Wink Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

JohnM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:10pm

Try or don't try - it's all the same to me. I think 10 years of being able to turn this pain off is worth a mention. Especially after over 40 years of previous suffering. Just posting what worked for me. Dismissing it out of hand as a crock of shit is just closed mindedness! The drug industry must love CH sufferers with all the $$$$ spent.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:18pm

JohnM wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:10pm:
Try or don't try - it's all the same to me. I think 10 years of being able to turn this pain off is worth a mention. Especially after over 40 years of previous suffering. Just posting what worked for me. Dismissing it out of hand as a crock of shit is just closed mindedness! The drug industry must love CH sufferers with all the $$$$ spent.

Oxygen is cheap.

Potter

IP Logged

JohnM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:40pm

Oxygen may be cheap I guess but what a mission. Masks, tanks, hassle vs a 45 minute painless treatment once a year so so.....

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:45pm

JohnM wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:40pm:
Oxygen may be cheap I guess but what a mission. Masks, tanks, hassle vs a 45 minute painless treatment once a year so so.....

It's your Hypothalamus fer crissakes and unless you got your head up your ass a colonic ain't gonna do shit.
     Unless ya like that sort of thing.
Blowin smoke up our ass ain't helpin

Potter

IP Logged

JohnM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 1:12pm

Pure Oxygen seems to offer pain relief and I agree on that I guess but haven't tried that myself. It doesn't seem to break a ch cycle though does it?

I am not disputing the Hypothalmus issue, but Hypothalmus and colon are inextricably linked as are most bodily functions. I don't pretend to understand the science. If the Hypothalmus is faulty it causes CH supposedly. If it's not working then maybe it's not making the colon work properly? What's not evacuated properly by the colon is basically poison. Can you be sure this poison is not leaking into your system? I can't be sure either. I can only speak from my experience of over 50 years looking for a cure to this affliction.

If you want to mock then go ahead, but I can assure you I'm no idiot.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 1:26pm

Were you diagnosed by Dr Elliot Shevel or self diagnosed?

Potter

IP Logged

JohnM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #15 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 1:40pm

Give me a break! I've heard all this nonsense in the past. I was diagnosed by a neurologist who finally understood my headaches.

Sudden onset at regular periods. Waking with extreme pain over the right eye. Red watering right eye. 2-4 episodes per day lasting 4-8 weeks. Cycling every 6-8 months for the past 50 years. Does that sound like CH to you? I'd forgotten how many rude ignorant people like you were on this site.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 1:58pm

JohnM wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 1:40pm:
Give me a break! I've heard all this nonsense in the past. I was diagnosed by a neurologist who finally understood my headaches.

Sudden onset at regular periods. Waking with extreme pain over the right eye. Red watering right eye. 2-4 episodes per day lasting 4-8 weeks. Cycling every 6-8 months for the past 50 years. Does that sound like CH to you? I'd forgotten how many rude ignorant people like you were on this site.

I simply asked a valid question.

Potter

IP Logged

JohnM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #17 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 2:04pm

Sure you did!

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 2:24pm

This ain't your first rodeo posting such drivel and you knew what kind of shit storm touting colonics for clusters was gonna bring so why bother?

We have Many prevents that are showing great results in hundreds if not thousands of cases. The D3 regimine, mushrooms,seeds, lsd, and 5MEO Dalt.

You're a onesie.

Potter

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #19 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 11:20pm

John,  Im going to weight in here, even though I'm one of the moderators.

Potter, rude?  yeah, sometimes he can be That.
   Potter, ignorant?  I think NOT!!!

You have been here before and if you have nosed around and read anything about the scientific researching that has been done regarding cluster headaches...well, I'm sorry...you had to know that someone would tell you it's our damned hypothalamus, and a colonic would not help that in the least.

I personally have been to all the 12..13..?  O.U.C.H conventions.  I have sat and listened to various neuros talk.  I've also been to 2 clusterbusters seminars where they had even more information on other remedies for our headaches. Not even one time has this been remotely brought up by knowledgeable doctors.

NO one here will ever say you do NOT have CH.  No one HAS said that.

If a colonic has made you PF...good for you.

But please accept that some here..including myself feel we need to warn anyone new to CH who see's this and goes out hoping to find a cure and gets this treatment, only to be hopelessly disappointed and then blames this site entirely.

Being a reasonable person, you understand.  Right?

Linda
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2015 at 11:24pm by Linda_Howell »  

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

JohnM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #20 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 12:13am

Yes my advice may be counter intuitive but..
Over the years I have tried just about every treatment recommended by doctors and neurologists. Lithium to Imigran and loads more in between. LSD and Magic Mushrooms I wouldn't know where to begin to find them where I live so never tried. Chugging water done that, high caffeine drinks done that, imitrex tip done that with fair results. Followed this site for hope with limited success.

I came to my own conclusion that the CH and the gut were linked. Food and drink triggers have long been linked.

So I tried detox diets, juicing etc and had some success breaking a CH cycle with them for a couple of years then that became less affective. Then in one cycle that was debilitating me my daughter suggested a colonic. I've read tons of stuff debunking it and tons of stuff extolling the virtues of it. Then spoke to a practitioner who explained that she trained in the process after her mother died a nasty death from colon cancer and has dedicated her life to helping in its prevention. She told me that a few of her patients suffer from what she called chronic headaches, migraines etc and it had helped many of them.

So I gave it a try. Nothing bad happened to me but I watched as firstly lots of soft stuff came out, the nothing, then after massage began to see loads of hard balls come out then eventually free flowing matter until nothing but water.

From the next day no more CH for over a year. Now I Repeat as soon as my cycle starts.

The Hypothalmus controls the colon so they are linked somehow.

The fact that the world experts on CH haven't made the link is something I can't explain. Maybe they need to think outside the box?

So all I'm trying to share is that as a bona fide long time CH sufferer I found something that finally works that does not involve panicking to ensure I have enough Imigran injections, or trying to buy illegal drugs, brain implants, oxygen tanks and the logistics of using them.

I understand your concern about giving forum users false hope but I do say give it a try. It's not a big deal if done properly by a properly trained and qualified therapist, and don't confuse it with an emema! That's like comparing aspirin with imitrex.

« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2015 at 12:28am by JohnM »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #21 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 12:33am

You're so right, Linda. We can't have people coming on here expressing opinions which differ from those held officially by the hierarchy of ch.com.

Good lord, that anyone should be so crass as to find something that's kept him PF for years and waste everyone's time mentioning it just in case others may benefit.

I mean, wouldn't it be awful if someone found D3 to be effective, only to be chased off with his tail between his legs.

Couldn't happen, of course.

No, much better people stick with only what's officially endorsed by those who know best,

Quote:
We have Many prevents that are showing great results in hundreds if not thousands of cases. The D3 regimine, mushrooms,seeds, lsd, and 5MEO

even if it includes the unproven, unsafe and illegal.

Can't have our newbies getting false expectations and thinking bad of us, can we, but for myself I'm happy to look at all thoughts and opinions whether I agree with them or not.

I learn a lot that way.

IP Logged

JohnM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #22 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 12:51am

Well spoken Brian.

I have nothing to gain expressing my experience. Just that after 10 years of doing this treatment with 100% success I thought it was my moral obligation to share with others. Here's hoping it helps another sufferer.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 11:02am

AussieBrian wrote on Dec 16th, 2015 at 12:33am:
You're so right, Linda. We can't have people coming on here expressing opinions which differ from those held officially by the hierarchy of ch.com.

Good lord, that anyone should be so crass as to find something that's kept him PF for years and waste everyone's time mentioning it just in case others may benefit.

I mean, wouldn't it be awful if someone found D3 to be effective, only to be chased off with his tail between his legs.

Couldn't happen, of course.

No, much better people stick with only what's officially endorsed by those who know best,

Quote:
We have Many prevents that are showing great results in hundreds if not thousands of cases. The D3 regimine, mushrooms,seeds, lsd, and 5MEO

even if it includes the unproven, unsafe and illegal.

Can't have our newbies getting false expectations and thinking bad of us, can we, but for myself I'm happy to look at all thoughts and opinions whether I agree with them or not.

I learn a lot that way.

How many folks have died from using shrooms, acid, seeds or 5MEO Dalt? The answer is 0.  How many have died from colonics? 

Potter

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 11:05pm

Hi all,     This is only my opinion....
       I've been on the D3 for about 2 years, it didn't effectively work for me till 15 months ago. Now I'm not 100 % pain free, but Gee, it makes a big difference as to the pain level now than before.
Well, every thing turned to shite 6 weeks ago, a full on cycle came a knocking ! geez I forgot what it was like !
I'm still getting Hit, but it seems to be easing, it has now given me the time to sit back and evaluate it, the cycle hasn't really gone past a kip 5-6, but when you haven't had much more than kip 2's for the last 15 months, its a damn big deal !
So what was the reason ? why did I fall off the wagon ?  I fiddled with the Benadryl, it helped when the poolen was thick, but I still pondered over why I fell into a full on cycle of 3-5 hits a day..........?
Turns out, I have an infection in or around my GI tract,
In fact its been damn uncomfortable digesting food, holding it in, bloody uncomfortable.  But I didn't connect the two, because even a kip 5-6 over rides a continual case of a stomach upset Shocked
My point here, is, my diet, and a subsequent yeast infection seems to have kicked off my first cycle in 15 months !  As Batch has stated, 90 % of our immune system is in our G. I. tract, get that out of balance and its gunna kick you somewhere, some how ! My love for all things chocolate, and sugary food, and white bread, sent every thing into a huge spin !    Now like clusters, some people could live on that diet and not effect them in the slightest,  hell, some people don't have clusters !  but the point being, it sure as hell dealt me with a diet reality check,  and that's a fact !
would colonics help keep you pain free from clusters ?
I don't know !
Did an excessive sugar and a bread yeasty diet effect me in such a way that caused the inflammation in my G.I tract that caused my first cycle in 15 months ?   well, 5 days off the " good food" and eating properly, including the helpful gut food and probiotics, and I'm on the improve, as well as an easing of my cycle. 
Geez, I dunno,  all this new information to ingest, what with the Vit D3 regime, healthy stomach G.I tract talk,  Its all very new for this new kid on the block !
But If I go Pain free on my new " healthier " diet, along with the Vit D3 regime,   Then let no man tell me otherwise, that I've found my preventative cure !

That's just my view

regards to all
colin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!