Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LSD and O2 Ineffective for the first time ever. (Read 1884 times)
elliott
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

LSD and O2 Ineffective for the first time ever.
Nov 24th, 2015 at 10:36am

Been about a year an 6 months since the last cycle, great remission due to repeated doses of psilocybin and LSD.  It should be noted I was currently taking imitrex injections upwards of 24 mgs/day (overdose).

This recent cycle started very strange.  I had some shadows during spring and summer which were taken care of with advil antihistamines.  I thought I had solved it for good.  Wrong. 

Around mid-October a string of shadows appeared again that were made worse by the same antihistamines.  I began taking imitrex injections again, reaching 4 headaches/day aka 24 mg/day (not good).

I aquired some LSD.  2 hits.  It took several weeks to get ahold of this shit.  Anyway, for the first time in several weeks I was headache free for about 12 hours.  Then I got an attack during the trip.   Talk about discouraging.   I re-reviewed the government study on the treatment and noted that they administered 3 doses over 15 days.  Several days later I attempted another 4 hits.   The headache-free period lasted even longer, then another hit.  I was devasted.

However.

Since then, they have scaled back dramatically from 4 a day to 1 every day or every 2 days.  I have also gotten my oxygen tank back, but IT'S NOT WORKING ON IT'S OWN.  Extremely discouraging.

Ray of hope:  Sudanfed.  The absolute basic Sudafed with no acemitophen, no 12 or 24 hour relief, just the basic smallest dose sudafed.  I started taking 4 pills to be safe.  I have begun taking the recommended dose of 2 and it's just as effective.   This in conjuction with the oxygen is effective.  And lately, this in conjunction without oxygen is effective.

Miscellaneous:

Vitamin D3 ineffective.
Topirimate  (newly prescribed) ineffective.

Further information on the LSD:  I ran into a post by a fellow CH suffer mentioning a correlation between what LSD does in the brain being similar to what imitrex does in the brain.   Therefore, LSD treatment and remission will be INEFFECTIVE unless weened off of imitrex.  I intend on trying LSD for the 3rd and final time next week to finally lay this to rest for the nextime 6 months to 18 months (fingers crossed).

Cliffnotes:

-LSD and Psilocybin have effectively put my headaches into remission about 4 times for periods of 6 months to 18 months. These last 2 times (May 2014 and October 2015 were problematic).  Possible cause being interference due to imitrex usage.

-Sudafed is effective in about 15 minutes.

Some other things I will look into:  I have spent some time in Afghanistan and Iraq in these past few years where I stockpiled boatloads of imitrex anticipating an impending attack cycle.   It never came.   I will look more into interviewing individual CH sufferers, their physical location in the world.  Possible contributors to CH being Hay Fever?? Or other allergies.   

I hope anything I put out here helps you guys.   Stay strong and remember that you ARE strong.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: LSD and O2 Ineffective for the first time ever.
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 4:35pm

God loves a Marine...  That's a good thing... and thank you for your Service.  You still in the Camp Lejeune area?

It's always interesting to hear from an opinionated Marine, particularly one who reads something other than the FM 23 Manuals.

Welcome back Sam.  As I recall, you came to us in early 2012 claiming you could control your CH by spanking the monkey...  Your latest recap indicates you're still chasing shadows or CH as the case may be.

My curiosity peaks whenever I see posts saying "Vitamin D3 ineffective" and "O2 ineffective."  I've read through your 70 posts since joining CH.com and didn't come across any amplifying comments indicating you'd actually tried either of these means of controlling your CH...  Did I miss something?

If used properly with hyperventilation or at oxygen flow rates that support hyperventilation (25 to 40 lpm), oxygen therapy is better than 95% effective in aborting a CH... unless you wait until the pain level reaches 10... at which point, you're in for some heavy sledding as nothing short of morphine will stop the pain and even then, morphine will not stop the cluster headache...

If you'd like to read about the latest method of oxygen therapy that averages abort times of 7 minutes across pain levels 3 through 9 with better than 95% efficacy, please click the link below:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3, Omega-3 fish oil, and the vitamin D3 cofactors continues to grow in efficacy.  We've recently discovered that allergic reactions keep this regimen from preventing CH and that taking Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) gets it going again... 

Diphenhydramine is a first-generation antihistamine that crosses the blood brain barrier to block H1 histamine receptors on brain cells.  Once these H1 histamine receptors are blocked, these brain cells stop producing CGRP, a vasoactive peptide that's responsible for the neurogenic inflammation and pain associated with CH. 

If you tried the anti-inflammatory regimen... how much vitamin D3 were you taking daily?  Did you take all the cofactors?  How long did you take this regimen before deciding it was ineffective?

If you'd like to read about the latest version of the anti-inflammatory regimen with all the "How To" please click on the following link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

elliott
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2015 at 2:28pm

Thanks batch, are you prior service yourself?  And no, I've been out almost 2 years.   Did some volunteer work with the Kurds this past summer though.

Last month I got myself on 10,000iu of D3.  Maybe  I didn't give it enough time but I didnt see any improvements until the LSD. 

As far as the oxygen, it has worked in the past, but this cycle I believe the congestion in the right nostril is inhibiting the effectiveness.  I say this because I find very slight relief forcing air through the congestion when having an attack.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2015 at 10:36pm

Give the Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) a try...  25 mg every 12 hours worked well for me.  It should help both the anti-inflammatory Regimen and oxygen therapy work much better.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

tangerinearmy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 10:10am

Did you wait 5 days between doing imitrex and doing lsd
If not this is probably the reason its not working

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!