Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Injector pen trick for GSK pens? (6mg to 3mg) (Read 2485 times)
Globi
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Injector pen trick for GSK pens? (6mg to 3mg)
Nov 12th, 2015 at 3:05am

Hi all,

I've looked for it but only found this trick to work for the SUN system and not that of Glaxo. Cutting off the last end of the white part does not really work. Still I remember that a long time ago somebody here knew what to do.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Re: Injector pen trick for GSK pens? (6mg to 3mg)
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 5:07am

I have read somewhere that the sun pens are no longer being made. I certainly have not been able to get them for a while.

For Glaxo - I assume you have the little grey box with a pen in one side and 2 vials of meds?  Use the pen to take a vial out of the box then just unscrew the end and tip the needle out. Be sure to hold it over a clean soft surface as the needle falls out very easily.

Then I use a cotton bud as a plunger. It's quite difficult to see how much you are using because the vial has a label round it, so I,ve put a mark on my cotton but so I know how far to push it in.

I first did this when I had a defective batch and the button on top wouldn't work but now I do it every time. My local pharmacy gave me some syringes so now I can inject from the pen into a syringe, and can see how much I'm using. I usually use half of it.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 5:18am

Globi,  Go to the "imitrex tip" - blue tab on the left of your screen. Read through it an d you'll come to a blue link "click here". This will show you a step by step diagram.

IP Logged

mpmcleaniii
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Fairhope, AL
Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 10:40am

My insurance pays for both the vials and the auto inject.  I have found that injecting the pen directly into the vial works better than trying to take the pens apart.  Hope this helps.

IP Logged

69Strat
CH.com Junior

Girls, Guitars, German
Shepherds

Reply #4 - Dec 24th, 2015 at 1:00pm

I don't use the pen to remove the vial. You can pretty easily pry one vial out of the blue container with your thumbnail. Then scratch off the paper label to get about 1/2 of a dose. I use a golf tee to push the rubber stopper. Came upon this because when using the pen I accidently blasted a couple of doses into thin air.

IP Logged

Globi
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 11:19pm

Thanks for the answers. I do know the trick to inject with a little stick. What I was looking for is the trick where you cut of a piece of the injector pin of the Imigran GSK injector. I've tried that but then it does not have the force anymore to inject.......

Another thing I've tried (for the 3rd time) is to convince GSK to make a different injector or maybe even to have a look at non penetrating injectors. They don't care. It's surprising that this company is so rude about suggestions.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2015 at 3:20am

Of course they don't care. They could make smaller doses in the first place which would help us enormously but there would be less profit in each one.
To develop something new would cost them money, so again less profit. All the time they are being paid an extortionate amount of money for each injection they are rubbing their hands together all the way to the bank. Heaven forbid that someone would have the nerve to put our pain, and our lives, over their profit. Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!