Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This does work... (Read 2439 times)
Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
This does work...
Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:55pm

Hi
Good day to you and my sincere regards.
Please don't refute this unless you have done it and it failed. If that is true, then I am all ears. If you want to read the medical literature, there's a ton out there. I'm going to put this out here so that you know...

1ST - EAT A KETOGENIC DIET - STRICT!!!
2ND - DO INTERMITTENT FASTING
3RD - LIFT WEIGHTS AND DO CARDIO
4TH - MEDITATE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK

Give this a go for 2 months. IT WILL WORK.
The basis of this is anti-inflammatory. It increases your BHB which inhibits inflammation, as well as your HGH. It will also heal oxidative stress and increase longevity. I've been doing this for about 8 years now, except for the ketogenic diet, which I started about 3 months ago.

Read up on it first. If you have a medical issue like diabetes, removed gall bladder, thyroid problems, etc., then make sure you do your research first to be safe.

I'd like to add that I do not take any medicine for cluster headaches at all.

There is a good life waiting out there.
Good Luck to you all.

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Re: This does work...
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:39pm

Eat more Beef and huff that O2. 

{otter

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:33pm

The basic idea behind this approach has indeed been suggested and tried here before.  It's been a lot of years since it was heavily discussed here, so I do not have the links anymore.

I do recall that the results were mixed, like many other CH treatment programs.

Like proper oxygen use, I suspect that some failures were due to people not "going all out" and following a tight regimen.

It is always good to have something new to try.

Who would have thought that the simple use of vitamin D and oxygen would provide relief for someone like me who suffered with chronic hits for more than 14 years? 

Marc

IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:25am

Thanks Marc.
I searched the board and google and found one person, who only had a few posts to his profile and is now gone.

I don't get the headaches anymore, so I don't need to abort them. I still go into cycles that have all the signs, just not the headaches. The 'ghost' cycles last a few weeks and then they're gone.

I am the lead singer in my band and singing during a cycle use to bring on a headache. I knew that I had to find a way to stop these things before they started. Taking time off from the band is not an option.

For 8 years I've minimized these headaches to just more of a nuisance, but that won't cut it when doing gigs. The ketogenic diet was the last key to keeping them gone, which I now know is closely related to fasting and exercise. They all drive the body into a ketogenic state.

I see a pattern of advocates of fasting, and/or exercise coming and going very quickly. To me this means that it works for them. I know how hard it is to linger around when you just want to get on with your life and, lets face it, very few people want to eat right and work out, so it feels like a waste of time and energy.

Good vibes to all...

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 3:12pm

I appreciate your comments on surviving our trip with Cluster but I'll add a footnote on how important it is to develop such quiet and, therefore, control over our very lives.

I've been hanging around here for almost the first weeks when D.J. created this site. Over the years much has changed (re. treatments and such) but the fixed element has been observing the struggle with coping, learning to survive--whatever you want to call it.

Now, my Clusters have long ago left me and, nearing 80, the focus has shifted to learing how to "plan" for the end of life. There is much in common with learening how to cope with both experiences!

I'm blessed to be living in a retirement community where the culture/values support the avoiding of denial. We come here knowing that it will be a one-way trip BUT: there is gentle support to not avoid the angst about the end-of-life stuff, fears which hollow out so many folks at this stage.

I'm regularly struck by the folks who describe their encounter with Cluster, write in terms of dread, hopelessness, and avoiding of people (often out of shame/fear).

Their Cluster is often easier to handle than their emotional turmoil (or don't even recognize). It would surely be as important to offer our emotional support (and personal experiences) more often than only the usual lists of what treatment to use.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2015 at 7:43am by Bob Johnson »  

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

tangerinearmy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 4:09pm

wise words from bob

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 4:55am

tangerinearmy wrote on Oct 4th, 2015 at 4:09pm:
wise words from bob

great post Bob !!!

colin

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 7:56am

Damn Bob, ever the quiet voice of wisdom on The Board.  Well said, as always, sir.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!