Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 (Read 1741 times)
shadia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Farnham Quebec
O2
Sep 11th, 2015 at 12:13pm

yYip yip yippy my O2 arrives this afternoon paid in full by my insurance company. The respiratory therapist is coming monday ..so great!! I used to be a nurse working at home care services where th thearpist who i know very well works, i guess sometimes halving connections does help. I am just so grateful . Grin

This to shall pass

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: O2
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 5:26pm

Great news. I'm sure you'll be amazed by how effective oxygen can be to kill off CH.

Before the person arrives, read through the following info we have on using oxygen:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The essentials are:
  • oxygen cylinders, not an oxygen concentrator machine
  • a non-rebreather mask
  • a high flow rate, at least 15lpm, with higher normally resulting in quicker CH aborts and often less O2 used in total

We use oxygen in a way that is totally different to how most people given oxygen use it, so don't be too surprised to hear things like how we use it is dangerous, etc.

I was in tears the first time I used oxygen to kill a CH as I experienced what the difference was between riding it out for an hour or so compared to killing it in minutes.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 9:40am

Hey Mike, how's it going? I was just going to jump in and say what you said, but you as always, you did it so eloquently. to Shadia, it's a great tool to relieve the pain and duration of the attack. Let us know how you get along. lance

IP Logged

shadia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Farnham Quebec
Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 12:09pm

thank you for your support, I'm all set up at home with exactly what the site suggested. For now 02 does not do wonders for me, i always need to give myself the imitrex shot after the 02... Been doing the breathing technique Batch taught me. Does it help all of the time or can like me not work so great?

This to shall pass

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 6:07pm

wimsey1 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 9:40am:
Hey Mike, how's it going? I was just going to jump in and say what you said, but you as always, you did it so eloquently.

For CH, just fine, with D3 doing it's magic for well over 3.5 years now. But having fun with my migraines, I only wish I had somewhere like CH.com for migraines.

I too have seen a post from someone and then seen someone type what I was about to say too. It is great that we've a load of knowledgeable people here.

shadia wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 12:09pm:
For now 02 does not do wonders for me, i always need to give myself the imitrex shot after the 02... Been doing the breathing technique Batch taught me. Does it help all of the time or can like me not work so great?

For me, O2 worked every time I tried to use it to kill off a CH, although not everyone gets it to work 100% of the time.

As for it not working for you, could you describe exactly what equipment you have and how you're using it? What exactly do you mean by "not do wonders"?

As a checklist:
  • what flow rate?
  • Non-rebreather mask?
  • Starting it as soon as possible when a CH strikes?
  • Staying on it until the pain is gone?

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 6:15pm

Hi Shadia, upon the onset of an attack, the earlier you start using oxygen, the better the chances are to bust it. There are some shadows you just know they are going to turn to an attack, when these occur, use O2 as soon as possible. Nipping the attack in the bud with O2, relieves the attack and pain quicker. I find that O2 becomes less effective when used at a later stage of an attack.
All the best

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!