Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Experience with Chiropractic Neurologist (Read 1014 times)
Emily G
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Experience with Chiropractic Neurologist
Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:45pm

I apologize if this has been talked about before but after searching through the boards I can't seem to find any info anywhere. Does anyone have any experience working with a chiropractic neurologist? I've found one that seems to think they may be able to provide some relief with a metabolic/neurological program that includes a nutritional program, some spinal adjustments/decompression, supplements, 02 treatments, and more... Don't want to waste my time and money if it's totally bogus but also feeling desperate.

quick background.. have had daily headaches 3-4 times a day starting in feb. diagnosed in with CH in april. currently on 150 mg of topomax and 240 mg of verap with basically no relief. have a script for immitrex but don't really use it since i get 90-120 headaches a month that would run out quickly and result in some nasty rebounds. neuro has no clue what to do with me.. on the hunt to find  a new one. have an appointment at jefferson headache center but can't get in until december.

Thanks!

IP Logged

helliknowpain
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Ontario, Canada
Re: Experience with Chiropractic Neurologist
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 5:03pm

Emily G wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:45pm:
I apologize if this has been talked about before but after searching through the boards I can't seem to find any info anywhere. Does anyone have any experience working with a chiropractic neurologist? I've found one that seems to think they may be able to provide some relief with a metabolic/neurological program that includes a nutritional program, some spinal adjustments/decompression, supplements, 02 treatments, and more... Don't want to waste my time and money if it's totally bogus but also feeling desperate.

quick background.. have had daily headaches 3-4 times a day starting in feb. diagnosed in with CH in april. currently on 150 mg of topomax and 240 mg of verap with basically no relief. have a script for immitrex but don't really use it since i get 90-120 headaches a month that would run out quickly and result in some nasty rebounds. neuro has no clue what to do with me.. on the hunt to find  a new one. have an appointment at jefferson headache center but can't get in until december.

Thanks!

Before anything you must read the information on D3, on this site

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: Experience with Chiropractic Neurologist
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 6:58pm

The chiro probably can't help you. The spine is not involved in cluster headaches. Do what helliknowpain said about the D3 treatments. On the left side of your screen is a button 'oxygen info'. Read it and get the O2. Ask your neuro about increasing the verapamil.
Got energy drinks? Try one at the first sign of an attack. Red Bull, 5 Hour Energy, Monster.. Any of them that have caffeine and Turing are good.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!