Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Laurelyn and Potter (Read 20457 times)
AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Laurelyn and Potter
Reply #50 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 9:15pm

Marc wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 8:45pm:
I find their whining to be highly offensive.

I never meant to offend you. I was merely questioning whether anyone has the right to abuse and swear at first-time posters.

I'll do my best not to be so highly offensive in future.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #51 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 9:39pm

AussieBrian wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 9:15pm:
I find their whining to be highly offensive.

I never meant to offend you. I was merely questioning whether anyone has the right to abuse and swear at first-time posters.

I'll do my best not to be so highly offensive in future.

Mighty nice of you, I must say!

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 10:30pm

" I find their whining to be highly offensive "

I was trying to think of a good retort to such a statement, but the tears rolling down my face, cracking me up, reading such a post !     for once I'm stumped !

We shall try to be more considerate of your feelings "princess" in future posts, heaven forbid we offend the likes of you in anything we may post  !
that statement needs its own thread !
its a classic !   well done Marc.
I think its only your 4 mates that seriously give a damn whether your offended or not !
200 odd posts in 16 years hardly compares to the hundreds Brian and others have contributed in helping new comers.
but keen to learn your secret brotherhood handshake   Grin
what an absolute tool  "edit"  of a thing to say !
It seems to be, that some that have been on the forum for a lengthy time, seem to feel a superiority or greater than thou attitude !   Me, I judge people on what they say now, I don't care much for ones history, your judged on what you do now, not 15 years ago with a "buddy" 
   Perhaps D.J can set up an " old crusties section" could be set up for those with issues and they can bitch amongst themselves ! criticise everything be rude and cantankerous to each other resite how things were done in the "old days" and how great they are, or were ! 
Hell,  I'd pop over there for a laugh too
                          Grin

colin
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2015 at 2:15am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #53 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 8:10am

Colin,

You missed the whole point of my post. Your little rant is way off target.

Marc
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2015 at 8:11am by Marc »  

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 8:15am

I have to chuckle at some members here who whine about manners and conduct on this board. I find their whining to be highly offensive. If your name is DJ, you have the right to tell folks how to act in his house.

So, I send a big "howdy" to people that I have learned to both like and respect over the last 16 years here - including Bob, Ueli and Potter!

Marc

Marc,  If I have mis- understood your post, please feel free to explain how ?
what have I missed ?

regards
colin

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #55 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 8:17am

Marc,
I bet when you are out taking your nature pictures, you purposely step in the cow pies.  Leave it to you to jump into the shit old friend!
Boob

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 8:56am

Seems as if the unwashed have gone from attacking my one word Bullshit reply to our one post add by the chiro to attacking some of us old timers. Bullshit.

Potter
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2015 at 9:20am by N/A »  

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 9:26am

Quote:
Seems as if the assholes have gone from attacking my one word Bullshit reply to our one post add by the chiro to attacking some of us old timers. Bullshit.

Potter

oh common Potter ! your not havin a dummy spit are you
                               Grin

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 9:51am

Quote:
Quote:
Seems as if the unwashed have gone from attacking my one word Bullshit reply to our one post add by the chiro to attacking some of us old timers. Bullshit.

Potter

oh common Potter ! your not havin a dummy spit are you
                               Grin

Nope.  Just aim your vitriol in the right direction.

Potter

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 10:07am

My "vitriol"   
I'll use your term
     bullshit
      Grin

yep, your spitting the dummy alright !
  you really turned out to be a sook didn't you !

Come on potter, Federer is playing Dokovich in the Wimbleton tennis final !
That's far more interesting than playing computer tennis against an old crusty grumpy old fart like you !   Wink
chill out man !
who'd a thought a man so "sensitive" as you would be concerned with such a comment !    Grin

kindest regards
simpleton
not a very nice person ( a potter word deleted)
offended

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2015 at 10:12am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #60 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 10:16am

Ok......now this thread has become nothing but a pissing contest.  Shut it down or I will shut it down.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #61 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 8:00am

Cry

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #62 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:45am

Kiss

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #63 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 6:41pm

Jimi wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:45am:
Kiss

Grin

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 8:37pm

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2015 at 8:38pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #65 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 5:33am

Sometimes Potter its best to say nothing but then you wouldn't get the attention or the satisfaction out of knowing you have offended, belittled or hurt someone.

I should, at this point, take my own advice but as this is my last post I will excuse myself.

My research has led me to understand that there is more not known about primary headaches than known and some of their sufferers are like plumbers, lawyers, bar keeps, nurses and pretty much every category where you may want to place someone. There are arseholes and there are good guys and a whole lot in between. There are also clever people, normal and thick people.

Its the thick arseholes that tend to get noticed but not for the right reasons.

My research also brought me into contact with some big name "experts". Sjaarstad was very generous but stuck in his ways, Goadsby did not reply which did not disappoint. But the others, some not so well known, the good ones (in my opinion) were pragmatic (in private). The boundaries of primary HA diagnoses are not clear in the real world, there is much overlap.

As said previously the subject is not well understood, not the diagnosese or treatment (cause or symptom).

The strength of this forum, if it isn't spoilt by those that don't respect / value it (and it hasn't been yet) is the numbers. What works for someone might work for someone else and there again it may not. But when it does; that is an immense prize.

That's not to say some of the symptom alleviators are not harmful in themselves. Mine, not by choice, is indomethacin, it can cause the guts to rot, lead to heart failure and psychosis in later life (nice) but I wouldn't be without it. And before any prick stands up and shouts "if indo works for you, you havn't got CH"! Sit down you don't know what your talking about.

A small lesson in a bit of science: One poster here when I pointed out that multiple studies had shown elevated use of D3 carries with it a potential increased risk of death from heart disease, stroke and alzheimers, he donned his tu tu and twirled around in a hissy fit shrieking that I had said he was going to die from all the above. To blacklab, just because someone smokes 60 a day doesn't  mean they will die of lung cancer, it means the risk that they will is increased.

This site was extremely useful to me I wish I could leave it in as good or better shape than when I joined, unfortunately that is not the case for which I do not entirely blame myself.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2015 at 5:42am by lancashire Lad »  

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 6:19am

gidday Lancashire,
      agree with most of what you posted, great post.
and I mean that.
My only retort would be that if " multiple studies" showed that an elevated use of D3 carries with it a potential of death from heart disease, that's great, but there have been more studies contradicting this fact and even more evidence on record that there has never been a reported death of elevated use of D3. That's a fact.
Including I might add a clinical study in place measuring the effects of D3 on Alzheimer patents !  I think your very selective in facts you put up, or very very under researched.
we all know for a fact, cigarette smoking causes lung cancer among other things, so its an invalid comparison.  but there's yet to be factual evidence of the studies you quote.
D3 is not for everyone, its a choice, but when you chimed in on a conversation calling someones decision to titrate up and called it ridiculous and dangerous ( from memory) it then became your personal beliefs from unquantified studies which to date cant be validated.
Its the same thing that you ask of people not to criticise or judge  on your use of indomethacin, should also mean the same with you telling someone not to titrate up, can you see the comparison I'm making here ?
Recently Batch got hung and quartered by a poster for potentially scaring people into not using conventional drugs because he put up the factual death rates from commonly used CH treatment drugs !  If you could point to some factual, documented deaths or heart disease caused by elevated use of D3, not "multiple studies" Then you would have a right to advise posters of that documented evidence, as you did.
Listen, that's water under the bridge, we both got our points across, but don't expect me or anyone else to agree and take every word you say as fact and not open for debate, that's never going to happen, you believe in one lot of evidence, but many more of us believe in other medical papers contradicting yours.    Its our choice, just like your indomethacin choice, you have to accept we don't follow your path and mindset.
but apart from that, I do hope an alternative to indomethacin turns up for you, that's horrible stuff, but we take what we need, no one deserves to be in pain.
  On the ongoing nature of this post, well, nothing and I mean nothing justifies abusive responses to new posters, whether they be Ch sufferers or even spammers. I wouldn't care if it was a moderator ( only an example  Grin) or the fossel mob who seem to think the length of time gives them a dispensation on how they act. Hopefully this thread ends, as I think everyone has expressed how they feel and that should be that I suppose, this is my last post on the issue. 
all the best
colin
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2015 at 6:24am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #67 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:26am

There's no "r" in assh_le!
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:27am by Bob P »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #68 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:33am

Hey Lancashire,

Why your last post ?????

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #69 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 8:19am

Bob - there is in England. We don't have asses, we have arses !!   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #70 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 9:21am

I thought they were bumm's.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #71 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 9:42am

Hey colin.."fossel mob"? Good one.  GrinMay I use that for some of the old farts that hang out here?

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 10:05am

Fossel?  Would that be The Queens English? 

Potter

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #73 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 10:44am

Yeah, we have bums too. Bum is the nice word. The one kids are allowed to use.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #74 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:33pm

BobG wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 9:42am:
Hey colin.."fossel mob"? Good one.  GrinMay I use that for some of the old farts that hang out here?

Oh, heck - another fossil has reared his head!

You're just another one of those awful crusty people that went out of your way to actually help other CH sufferer's in person, one-on-one - without using distance as a deterrent. In fact, you drove through the desert all the way to Las Vegas almost daily. (And no, Cluster support did not start there!)

Nice to see someone who knows that "carbs" can also mean Holley, Rochester and (shudder) Carter...... Hope you are keeping your cams lumpy, your valves polished and your headers tubes blown out!

Marc

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:44pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!