Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My start on D3 regimen (Read 1036 times)
CHaStever
CH.com Newbie

I thank GOD I found clusterheadaches.com

City on the Marsh, WI
My start on D3 regimen
Jun 27th, 2015 at 3:24pm

I was going to post on one of the existing threads but thought at 91 pages and 16 pages it might be easier to follow this way.
Mods your welcome to add this to one of the other threads if you see fit.

So I decided to give the D3 a go. Had to have some other blood work done the other day so asked the doc about getting the 25(OH)D test. He indicated my ins. won't cover it but if I want it he will order it,,, I would have to cover it out of pocket (est. $200.00). He didn't discourage me from taking Vit. D and even said if I want to I should take 10000 IU / day.

So I went shopping and here's what I came home with based on what I could find;
   Vit. D3 gelcaps - 5000 IU per cap
   Omega3 Fish Oil Supp - 1750 mg / serv., (serv. is 2 softgels) = 875 per gelcap.
   Citracal Max. Calcium Citrate - 630 mg / serv., (serv is 2 tabs) = 315 mg./tab. (+500 IU Vit D / serv)
   Centrum Silver Men 50+ - contains 1000 IU vit D, 210 mg Calcium(carbonate), 75 mg Magnesium, 15 mg Zinc, 3500 IU vit A, 6 mcg vit K, ... along with the usual host of other vitamins & supplements.

I'm starting with; Vit D - 5000 IU noon, 5000 IU p.m. plus the additional in Centrum & Citracal (may increase D)
                          Fish oil - 875 mg noon, 875 mg p.m. (may increase)
                          Citracal - 630 mg a.m./noonish.
                          Centrum Silver - 1 tab a.m.

I'm also on 240 mg Verapamil ER taken in evening.

Questions; is the Calcium in the Citracal too high?... should I only take one tab for 315 mg?... or should I cut it out completely based on the 210 mg calcium in Centrum. (along with being on Verapamil)

Should I be taking more Omega3, Magnesium, Vit. K?
Any other essentials I may be missing?

I tried to read through the '123 days PF... ' and 'Anti-inflammatory Reg. Update...' threads but at a combined 115 pages it becomes a little overwhelming and some things get a little buried or passed over.

Replies / suggestions will be most appreciated.

PFDN to all.

Thanks,

Steve

Edit: for now I am going to cutout the Citracal as I'm concerned it may be interfering with the Verapamil... Getting a lot of shadows and this mornings attacks seemed more intense than the last few days.

« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2015 at 4:14pm by CHaStever »  

Hi, my name is Steve and I'm a clusterhead.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: My start on D3 regimen
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 4:14pm

The basis of Batch's dosages that I have used from the start can be found in Batch's post at the start of page 89 of the thread "123 days......" in the treatment & medications section and starts  "Hey Avalon".

Hope that makes sense.

Good luck,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: My start on D3 regimen
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 9:22pm

Hey Steve,

I realize this can be confusing at best...  The thread 123 days... is a running dialog on my experience with the anti-inflammatory regimen that I started over 4 years ago and it's been joined by over 350 other CH'ers providing their comments over that time.

I order to answer questions that constantly arise over what to take and how much to take, I started a second thread titled The Anti-Inflammatory Regimen Update and Survey at the following link: 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

As this is still confusing to many, I've renamed the thread "The Anti-inflammatory Vitamin D3 Regimen and Survey"

I keep this link updated with the latest changes/additions to the anti-inflammatory regimen along with results from the ongoing survey of CH'ers taking this regimen to prevent their CH.  My last update to the anti-inflammatory regimen was 13 April.

The information you're looking for is half way down the first page of this thread. Photos of the supplements and doses...

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!