Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help for Clusters Using Functional Neurology. (Read 10068 times)
Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Help for Clusters Using Functional Neurology.
Reply #25 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 11:17am

Actually, the definition for "blatantly" would be "done openly and unashamedly."  If she said "this is my business" than it would be blatantly.  What she said was that she was a chiropractor and then went on to say she went to a certain place. 
She also said Laurelyn DC wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 11:43am:
I encourage anyone who suffers frrom these headaches to find a Chiropractic Neurologist, Functional Neurologist, or even a good Vision Therapist
is she all of these things too?  She's got 3 jobs and needs customers so bad she is putting up slick "fooled you" ads on a cluster headache site?  How likely does that really seem? Or was that just a curve ball because she knows we must already be on to her?   

No one should be surprised that she did not come back.  If you come on to a board thinking you can help people, attempt to help people and are just met with suspicion, rude responses and attempts to discredit you based on someone's paranoid conspiracy theories that are not based on 1 fact whatsoever, you leave. I would too.  In fact, I did leave for a couple years after Potter said pretty much the same thing when I recommended that peppermint essential oil can be helpful for some of the lighter clusters you get.  I was not selling anything but damn was he convinced that he knew the story and that I needed to be chased off the board.  Almost 10 years later and I really couldn't tell you how many people have thanked me for the peppermint trick.  I still use it because it works quite effectively.  The people that found it helpful did have to wait 3 or 4 years before I would come back on the board though because I really didn't feel like dealing with people like Potter.  I can only guess as to the number of well meaning people out there that have been chased off the board by him.

That's the gist of it.  You get a post like this and you can attack the person and their ideas until they go away and you will never really know if their idea held any water.  If you entertain the idea that MAYBE you are not an all knowing being that knows the reasons behind the things people post and know everyone's hidden agenda, and have a tiny bit of patience to ask some questions before tearing someone apart, we might get more answers. 

Worst thing that happens if the person has some sort of nefarious agenda and you ask questions instead of jumping the gun is that you waste a little time before you call them out.

Worst thing that happens if you immediately call somebody out that was just trying to help--you miss out on potential helpful remedies for cluster headache.

No one anywhere has the ability to accurately determine peoples motives based on one post like this.  To say otherwise is extreme arrogance and does not help us get to the truths that we so desperately need.

-Ricardo

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 12:48pm

Ricardo wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 11:17am:
Actually, the definition for "blatantly" would be "done openly and unashamedly."  If she said "this is my business" than it would be blatantly.  What she said was that she was a chiropractor and then went on to say she went to a certain place. 
She also said Laurelyn DC wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 11:43am:
I encourage anyone who suffers frrom these headaches to find a Chiropractic Neurologist, Functional Neurologist, or even a good Vision Therapist
is she all of these things too?  She's got 3 jobs and needs customers so bad she is putting up slick "fooled you" ads on a cluster headache site?  How likely does that really seem? Or was that just a curve ball because she knows we must already be on to her?   

No one should be surprised that she did not come back.  If you come on to a board thinking you can help people, attempt to help people and are just met with suspicion, rude responses and attempts to discredit you based on someone's paranoid conspiracy theories that are not based on 1 fact whatsoever, you leave. I would too.  In fact, I did leave for a couple years after Potter said pretty much the same thing when I recommended that peppermint essential oil can be helpful for some of the lighter clusters you get.  I was not selling anything but damn was he convinced that he knew the story and that I needed to be chased off the board.  Almost 10 years later and I really couldn't tell you how many people have thanked me for the peppermint trick.  I still use it because it works quite effectively.  The people that found it helpful did have to wait 3 or 4 years before I would come back on the board though because I really didn't feel like dealing with people like Potter.  I can only guess as to the number of well meaning people out there that have been chased off the board by him.

That's the gist of it.  You get a post like this and you can attack the person and their ideas until they go away and you will never really know if their idea held any water.  If you entertain the idea that MAYBE you are not an all knowing being that knows the reasons behind the things people post and know everyone's hidden agenda, and have a tiny bit of patience to ask some questions before tearing someone apart, we might get more answers. 

Worst thing that happens if the person has some sort of nefarious agenda and you ask questions instead of jumping the gun is that you waste a little time before you call them out.

Worst thing that happens if you immediately call somebody out that was just trying to help--you miss out on potential helpful remedies for cluster headache.

No one anywhere has the ability to accurately determine peoples motives based on one post like this.  To say otherwise is extreme arrogance and does not help us get to the truths that we so desperately need.

-Ricardo

Smiley

Potter

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #27 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:50am

Thanks for the applause Potter.  The person who sent me a PM  yesterday thanking me for the info on using peppermint oil (saying "I don't remember if I thanked you or not, but it works 60-70% of the time for me.") seems to agree. 

The real thing that seems to be apparent is that Potter has run out of things to say because there is no good excuse for running people off the board and harassing people because they came up with an idea that he couldn't come up with.  If Cluster Headache only responded to things that Potter agreed with, we'd be in serious trouble. 

-Ricardo

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:28am

Ricardo wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:50am:
Thanks for the applause Potter.  The person who sent me a PM  yesterday thanking me for the info on using peppermint oil (saying "I don't remember if I thanked you or not, but it works 60-70% of the time for me.") seems to agree. 

The real thing that seems to be apparent is that Potter has run out of things to say because there is no good excuse for running people off the board and harassing people because they came up with an idea that he couldn't come up with.  If Cluster Headache only responded to things that Potter agreed with, we'd be in serious trouble. 

-Ricardo

It's called succinctness.  I have better things to do than to troll yer posts like you do mine.

Potter

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #29 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:50pm

Quote:
Ricardo wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:50am:

It's called succinctness.  I have better things to do than to troll yer posts like you do mine.

Potter

I seriously wish that were the case.  Unfortunately it seems like no one needs to troll your posts to find cases of you being unhelpful to our cause.  I doubt much of this conversation has helped anyone (unless it has given people a clue the next time Potter attacks them or their ideas that it really has nothing to do with them or their ideas at all...)  so I will leave the rest of the commenting up to Potter. 

-Ricardo

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 1:27pm

I just push Oxygen and Hallucinogens, not some sketchy chiropractics nor mumbo jumbo. "Eye movement exercises....accommodation, looking at dots while walking back and forth, spinning him to the left in a 360 motion machine, and giving light shocks to the Trigeminal nerve to "remind the brain what pain signals should be" "Nevertheless he went home with his beads on a string and a paper with dots to continue his home eye exercises. I wasn't allowed to adjust him or massage him awhile so as not to disturb the brain rewiring."

Potter

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #31 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:01pm

Ho Hum.....   Smiley

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #32 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 3:50am

I must say, I was shocked when i saw potter's "bullshit" comment.
How could anyone talk to one of us -CH sufferer or sufferer's helper- in such a way.
That lady -Laurelyn- has been trying to help her man and like many of us, would try anything to achieve any kind of relief. Maybe after some time she would find that what she was doing for her man was not working but she was trying and she's got to be praised for that.
I, for one, would like to thank Laurelyn for trying to help her CH suffering man.
Lucky for some of us to have found a solution that works at keeping the beast at bay. Had she been given a chance she too might have found the D3 regimen and her man would then also find relief -I wish it to all and any CH sufferer-.

Potter, i will certainly not include you in my buddy list and, whatever you might reply to this post, I will not entertain you with a reply.

Ricardo, before i found this site, i was using peppermint oil, applied locally, and found that it sometimes helped relieving shadows that might otherwise have turned into full blown attacks.

I do wonder if a moderator on this site would not find potter's behaviour out of order and give him a warning or do whatever might be appropriate. Why would he have more of a right to be here than Laurelyn who is trying to help her man who is suffering from the beast we all know too well?!

Laurelyn, I do hope we'll see you around this neck of the woods again.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2015 at 3:53am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #33 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 5:33am

Thierry,
Well said. Nowhere in this thread has Potter's "suspicion" been substantiated, but he just doesn't seem to have the manners or maturity to let it go.
Pity, but that's just the way some people are.
Actually I cannot recall a single useful or positive post that he has ever made. I could be wrong, but I really don't care to read back through all his posts. Life is too short.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!