Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alternative treament for CH's (Read 3695 times)
Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Alternative treament for CH's
Jun 4th, 2015 at 7:47pm

Cluster headaches are one of the more painful and crippling conditions that afflict human beings, often driving sufferers to the brink of suicide and beyond. Conventional medicine has no answers — but patients are finding much-needed relief through psychedelic substances.

No one knows what causes cluster headaches, but far too many people feel their effects: An eye pick through the eye. A demon crushing your skull. Worse than a severe migraine. That’s how people described their cluster headaches in this Newsweek story. Most pharmaceutical treatments are only marginally effective at best, and many have awful side effects. However, when every other remedy has failed, people who suffer from cluster headaches have found success using a technique called “busting,” treating the headaches with repeated doses of psilocybin or LSD.

“Psilocybin and LSD are proven effective for treating cluster headaches,” Robert Wold wrote in a newsletter for the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies. “In many cases these treatment methods end a cluster headache cycle and prevent a cluster headache cycle from returning.”

Wold, founder of the Clusterbusters group, which promotes research and awareness of psychedelic cluster headache treatment, estimates there are about 400,000 people who suffer from cluster headaches in the United States. “The publicity that continues to be generated through medical journals, documentaries, and major news outlets has educated thousands of patients, enabling them to make fact based decisions on the use of psychedelics as a treatment option,” he wrote.

Indeed, psilocybin has changed the lives of cluster headache sufferers like John Fletcher. Fletcher, who published his story on Reset last year, tried busting his headaches with psilocybin doses in 2014 after 35 years of intense pain that no pharmaceutical intervention could relieve. “It has been three months since my last dose and I have been completely CH free!” he wrote. “I just can’t say enough about it and being CH free has completely changed my life.”

There is more than just anecdotal reports to back up the effectiveness of psychedelics. A 2006 Yale study published in the Neurology journal interviewed 53 people who used psilocybin or LSD to treat their cluster headaches. “Twenty-two of 26 psilocybin users reported that psilocybin aborted attacks; 25 of 48 psilocybin users and 7 of 8 LSD users reported cluster period termination; 18 of 19 psilocybin users and 4 of 5 LSD users reported remission period extension,” the study claims. “Research on the effects of psilocybin and LSD on cluster headache may be warranted.”

In 2010, scientists followed up with a non-psychotropic chemical related to LSD and found that it was also effective in stopping cluster headaches. Researchers speculate that the substances work by shrinking the brain’s blood vessels, which stops the nerves from being pinched.

There is one major catch to psychedelic cluster headache treatment, of course: Both psilocybin and LSD are strictly prohibited in the United States by the federal government, which considers them drugs of abuse with no medical value. That not only means that further research is difficult to perform, it also requires sufferers to break the law to acquire and use the substances, risking their freedom and their livelihood in order to try the only remedy that can put a stop to their misery.

For more information on this, check out our sister site
ClusterBusters. The link is to your left on this page.

Cheers, Hoppy.

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2015 at 7:55pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

tangerinearmy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: Alternative treament for CH's
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 3:08pm

just returned from a holiday in florida with my family,it was pain free,ive been pain free for 18 months now.i havnt gone this long pain free in 15 years.

i use mushrooms. Cheesy

we are all children of fungi all praise.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 6:59pm

I was pleased to read you've been pain free for the past
18mths from busting, and able to enjoy your holiday in
USA. What a difference it makes! Not having to worry
about the beast coming along for the ride.

Best, Hoppy.

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2015 at 9:52pm

Psilocybin, LSD or 5 MeO DALT these tryptamines are the best medicine by far that we have to stop the suffering also the D3 Regimen which gave me 1.5 years CCH free.

Went a year CCH free using psilocybin then switched to 5 MeO DALT and have continued to be CCH free for 7 months now and for me it is like drinking a glass of water. I have no side effects, no trip and no attacks. Can't tell I even take it...

Either medicine works great, you do NOT have to trip for any of them to work and like Hoppy said it did change my life! My CCH started in 1973 so technically I have been a chronic for 42 years.

The D3 regimen and tryptamines has given me 3 years CCH free now with many bumps along the way but it is a godsend to end such incredible pain and anguish being chronic with multiple attacks every day year round... Good luck everyone! It Is Your Life! Take IT BACK!
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2015 at 10:03pm by Clusterman59 »  

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 2:28am

What do you think will happen with the  5 MeO dalt, as far as availability goes ?
Whats the options for someone like me down under getting a supply and giving it a go ?
The regime is working for me at the minute, but I'm sure there are others with that burning question " how do I get my hands on this stuff !!!!   ?

cheers
colin

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 11:02am

tangerinearmy wrote on Jun 7th, 2015 at 3:08pm:
we are all children of fungi all praise.

That needed to be repeated Smiley

-Ricardo

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:56am

Here is a new page created just for folks like you Hoppy!
Good luck my friend! Glad the regimen is working. If you are CH free on the regimen then just a suggestion to not mess with a good thing but up to you. It is taking a single capsule of a micro dose of 5 MeO DALT every 5 days so it simplifies things a bit but as with ANY treatment we use a thorough education is in order so understanding all the information is the only way to approach any treatment. EDUCATION...Is the key to destroying the beast.  Most have zero side effects, just stops CH in it's tracks. It is another option. NOT A CURE... But a PROCESS... To be treated as all busting treatments using a Tryptamine... John

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:00pm by Clusterman59 »  

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 5:12pm

Hi John,
I'm not going to mess with a good thing, as long as it
keeps me CH free  Smiley I was just thinking of those that
nothing seems to work for them, then maybe busting
is worth a try.

Best, Hoppy

IP Logged

Globi
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 10:41am

About mushrooms. My neurologist also advised me to use it. How much does it make you change as in personality?

IP Logged

tangerinearmy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:55pm

Globi wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 10:41am:
About mushrooms. My neurologist also advised me to use it. How much does it make you change as in personality?

there are different ways of getting the magic ingredient ie seeds where rarely do you trip,also with mushies you take just enuff to get giddy for a few hrs we arnt talking about mega loads that make question the universe etc.

see above about dalt thats working good  and you dont trip
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:56pm by tangerinearmy »  

IP Logged

Gergo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 11:15am

Dear Comrades!

I`m a periodic CH sufferer for 6 years. After searching a lot for the right alternative treatment, I came across the theory that CH would have a strange link to oxygen deficiency. The theory would reveal how your diet and sleep disorders may lead to immune diseases, and CH, just as cancer, would be one of them. The theory made sense since I knew about my sleep apnea, pollen allergy and also that my diet consisted much too much hydrogenated oils and meat. I suddenly became a vegetarian and tried to stay away of all the bad oils that were suspected to be the main cause of my cells not being able to breathe properly.
My symptoms always appear in the summer and last 40 days, the attacks coming at 5AM every 48h or anytime when triggered by anything. I`ve been on this diet for 2 years now and my symptoms have diminished by 90%! I end up my researches by sticking to the Budwig diet and  wish it would work just as good for everyone else! You can learn all you need at budwig-diet.co.uk
And one more thing that helped a lot was inhaling japanese mint oil at the onset of attacks. I usually make a pipe out of paper, dip one end into the oil to let it absorb a few drops, and inhale trough the pipe on the right nostril, on the side it hurts, until the attack is gone. I usually make it so strong I feel every sniff burns and freezes my whole head. It`s unbelievable but it seems to be just as effective as the oxygen tank method.
There is much valuable info on the net about how oils work and how they affect the mylelin shield of our cells, and even sclerosis is supposedly being treated effectively by the same principles.
I hope it works with you too and pass on the "knowledge"...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!