Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
headache help!!! (Read 839 times)
Alannah
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

headache help!!!
Apr 7th, 2015 at 8:27am

Hello all,

I am 21 years old and I have been suffering with cluster headaches since 2910. My doctor recently prescribed me with imitrex injections, but they are super expensive! I only get my headaches for about 2 months, and I get them maybe 3-4 times a week around 7am lasting about 30-45 minutes. They are mild cluster headaches. The only issue is that I get "headache hangovers" and feel like poop all day unless I am about to sleep after. And since hey come at 7am I usually have to start my day right when they are done.

I would like to try a more natural way of treating/avoiding these headaches. A pharmacist told me melatonin would help as well as butterbur? (Sp) I'm not sure if the melatonin would help me since my headaches occur at 7am and not an hour or 2 after I fall asleep. If anyone has advice about melatonin and butterbur please let me know!!! I want to avoid imitrex for as long as possible!!!

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: headache help!!!
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 3:07pm

Who made the diagnosis? If not by a doc who has experience with complex headache disorders you should work with one.

There are a number of disorders which mimic Cluster but which are not headache disorders--why a solid diagnosis is very important.

IF the diagnosis is solid, your doc should have started you on a med to prevent attacks along with an abortive for attacks which sneak by the preventive. But an abortive as the only med is incomplete treatment.

Pring the PDF file, below and use it to discuss options with your doc. But also ask himwhat his experience/training is in treating headache disorders.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (96 KB | 16 )

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: headache help!!!
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 8:42pm

As Bob said.

Hoppy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!