Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Verapamil (Read 1013 times)
gigi1
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Verapamil
Aug 12th, 2014 at 5:17pm

Would like to know if anyone can tell me about how long it takes for verapamil to start working.  I am on day 6 of a taper of prednisone which has stopped the headaches but once I taper I am wonder if the other med. should be starting to work by then.  I have been on both for 6 days and I guess I am just a little worried that once I go off the prednisone they will come back. If they do I want to know how long I should wait for the verapamil to kick in before I let the neurologist know it is not working.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Verapamil
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 7:26pm

Verapamil typically takes 7-10 days for a dose change to become effective, which is around about the length of a typical prednisione taper dose.

It is possible that your initial verapamil dose might not be high enough, with most people needing 360-480mg a day although some go to around 1000mg.

IP Logged

gigi1
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Verapamil
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2014 at 5:50am

Thanks Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!