Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Worked for 2 years for me. Might help you...or not (Read 857 times)
Mr_Rob
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Sapulpa|USA||0|0|OK,Oklahoma
Worked for 2 years for me. Might help you...or not
Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:25pm

I joined the site 7 years ago when I had my first cycle. I had no idea what it was but the god people here helped confirm my suspicions and I was officially diagnosed a couple of years later.

I consider myself very lucky in that I am a very mild sufferer compared to so many others. For 5 years I had a 3 month cycle from Mid May to mid August and another short one during the month of january. Rarely ever more than one a day and almost always gone within 25 minutes.

2 years ago during my big cycle, I came across an obscure suggestion of using 86% dark chocolate under the tongue as an abortive. One square, chew it up and hold it under your tongue as long as you can before it melts away. Any less than a full square or less than 86% didn't help me. I had tried all of the usual suspects, ice, heat, caffeine, energy drinks etc and none worked more than 1 in 10 times for me. I tried the chocolate and it knocked them out in about 10 minutes 7 of 10 times for the last 2 years. Unfortunately it seems to have stopped working this cycle. It is cheap and easy to try and I am thankful for all of the pain it saved me. Hopefully if you have not heard of it and tried it, it might work for you.

Even more help came from a more familiar combo of verapamil and melatonin. 240mg of V and 10mg of M per day completely disrupted my cycles making them very unpredictable but also prevented at least half of them from ever occurring when compared to the previous 5 years before I was taking them together.

I am finally getting O2 now though. My regulator and mask will be here next week and I have sourced a 150 cu ft tank and supplier to buy locally. Can't get it soon enough as I am in the middle of the worst cycle I have had in 3 years. Thanks to the folks here for all of the info on welders O2. I was prescribed O2 several years ago but could not find any medical supply to fill the Rx unless I was on Medicare.

I feel bad for not coming here and sharing my experience with the chocolate before now.

Rob

« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:28pm by Mr_Rob »  

Mr Rob

IP Logged

feisty
CH.com Veteran

west coast, BC, Canada
Re: Worked for 2 years for me. Might help you...or not
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:17pm

Thanks for sharing the chocolate tip! Chocolate contains theobromine, a stimulant, so I wonder if it's a similar mechanism to caffeine?

I hope you get your O2 set-up soon! It's been amazing for my husband. This is his 6th cycle and his CHs have gotten worse (used to be once a day for 15 min - scary & painful but manageable). Now he's getting 3 a day and it's impacting his life and sleep a lot. Of course, many have it much worse than him (how do y'all do it??).

Smiley wife of 48 year old husband who suffers from episodic CH ~ Batch's Anti-Inflammatory Regimen works!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!