Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
where to buy oxygen tank regulators and adapters (Read 1903 times)
feisty
CH.com Veteran

west coast, BC, Canada
where to buy oxygen tank regulators and adapters
Jul 31st, 2014 at 3:44pm

I've seen questions about this so I thought I'd start a thread. Starting oxygen is really intimidating for folks who aren't medical professionals or welders. My oxygen supplier Vitalaire wants to charge us CAN$62/month for each regulator Angry , so I've been working on getting our own.

We are mostly using M tanks, but we keep an E tank ready to be more portable (tanks shown and described here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)

We bought an E tank regulator from ebay seller lonlon2 :
HCS8715M Medline 1 EA/EA REGULATOR 0-15 LPM 870 CGA CONNECTION Medline
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
~ my husband is satisfied with this, though many find higher flow to work better

We are going to buy this adapter so that we can use the E regulator on the M tank:
TA-870-P Transfill Adapter - Allow the connection of CGA-870 (medical-style post valve) cylinders and devices to connect to CGA-540 cylinders and devices.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

More experienced folks may have better recommendations than mine.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:22pm by feisty »  

Smiley wife of 48 year old husband who suffers from episodic CH ~ Batch's Anti-Inflammatory Regimen works!

IP Logged

feisty
CH.com Veteran

west coast, BC, Canada
Re: where to buy oxygen tank regulators and adapters
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 7:03pm

Would it make more sense to buy an M tank regulator rather than adapter? Any recommendations of M tank regulators?

Smiley wife of 48 year old husband who suffers from episodic CH ~ Batch's Anti-Inflammatory Regimen works!

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 8:56pm

These work well.....

I can't get your E tank reg link to open, but here's a good price on a 25 lpm... Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

And...if you really want more flow on a 870 reg...

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

feisty
CH.com Veteran

west coast, BC, Canada
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:23pm

Racer, thanks very much! I'll have to check if Harbour Freight ships to Canada (the amazon one doesn't).

I think I fixed the image (it wasn't supposed to display as a link).
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:25pm by feisty »  

IP Logged

n8stein
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Anacortes, Washington
Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 2:17am

cheap on ebay. i have three. two in my cars and one in the house. i think i paid 20 bucks for one and less for the other.

IP Logged

Shakey
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Slovenia
Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 8:01am

Great. This is exactly what I was looking for as well. Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!