Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alarm clock (Read 1419 times)
adeas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Aiken SC
Alarm clock
Mar 31st, 2013 at 9:45pm

I have always had my episodes at night like a alarm clock 2:00 am sharp. I always wake up from a dead sleep. I have only had one small episode in the last three weeks. The last two night at 2:00 am I have been woke up from a deep sleep. I sit up wait on the pain to come but it has not. I just have to slow my pulse shake it off and go back to sleep. Then 4:00 same thing no pain and 6:00 no pain. anyone had this happen to them?

April

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Alarm clock
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 11:00pm

It defies all science, learning and logic but it really is possible to have a headache with no pain. We call them Phantom HAs and those who've never had one think we're mad.

Maybe they're right.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Tabitha
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 12:58am

The same thing use to happen to me a lot when I was younger. I would wake up at the exact same time every night, right down to the minute. It usually meant that a cycle was about to begin, or sometimes that it was ending.

That hasn't happened to me in years though, so I may just be crazy. Who knows.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 3:00am

Never had a phantom CH but I've had some phantom migraines. Even though I'd heard of them, the first time for me I was really confused as everything said I had a migraine, but zero pain. Every other symptom was there. I've had a few now, so I just learnt that you treat them the same as any other migraine where you get the pain.

If I ever get a phantom CH I'll know just to treat it like any other CH and get on the oxygen.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 6:35am

I don't have them wake me as I don't go to bed until I know I'm done for the night.  (I don't get REM hits)  However, I get phantom hits on occasion, with drooping eye, sinus drainage, jitteryness, and all the other signs of it, but no pain.  While disconcerting, I'll be happy if that is all I ever get again!  Usually, I will get them toward the end of a high cycle, and I know I'm in for a bit of a lull.  I'm chronic, so they don't go away, but taper off a bit.  Hoping it is a sign your cycle is ending.

Jerrt

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

adeas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Aiken SC
Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 4:59pm

Thanks for the replies I have been driven myself crazy trying to figure it out. My alarm clock went off again last night and no pain. So am I understanding right that if I use my oxygen it help calm things down faster so I can go back to sleep? If so I am going to try it tonight. Thanks again

April

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 8:07am

Try using O2, but when I have had wakeups without pain, I was able to just back asleep. I always ascribed it to the fact my body was used to waking up at that time whether or not I was having a CH. For me, and I suspect for you, not having the pain whatever the reason is a cause for much rejoicing! Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!