Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 (Read 1347 times)
Bstrong
CH.com Newbie

x0|Sandstone|USA||0|0|MN,Minnesota
O2
Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:50pm

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting oxygen
From a welders supply place?  I'm not a welder, I do have an
O2 script.  I'm at my dads place in San Diego, all the o2 places
want me to rent their equip,  charging me way to much.  I just want to get a e tank of oxygen!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: O2
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 10:36pm

You will need to buy your own tank, or rent one from them.  They will not be sized the same as medical tanks, so for goodness sake, don't ask for an E tank.  That will be a sure tip-off you are wanting to use if for breathing purposes, which they cannot sell you.  Do some research on the size you will need.  Then purchase that size.  If you buy one that is about E tank size you will have problems with having to refill it quite often if you are getting hit very frequently.  You will probably want to go with a bigger tank, but one you can load into and out of your own vehicle.  An option you can do is buy a large tank and a smaller tank and a transfill device so you can refill your own small transportable tank.  The problem with that is the expense.  You will be set up for future cycles, but you do have the up front cost.

Some say they are learning to weld, but without also buying Acetylene it isn't very convincing.  Oxygenating bait fish though isn't usually questioned.

jc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 1:50pm

Bstrong wrote on Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:50pm:
Can anyone tell me how I go about getting oxygen
From a welders supply place?  I'm not a welder, I do have an
O2 script.  I'm at my dads place in San Diego, all the o2 places
want me to rent their equip,  charging me way to much.  I just want to get a e tank of oxygen!

Tell them you have your own mask and reg.  you only need the tank.
My supplier always asks me about the equipment too.  They are cool with just selling the tank.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 6:31am

Chad, a welder's supply place will not sell welding oxygen to you if they know you are going to breath it.  There is way to much liability to them if they do so.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:28am

This link will show you how to get set up with welding oxygen:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 2:58pm

Callico wrote on Apr 1st, 2013 at 6:31am:
Chad, a welder's supply place will not sell welding oxygen to you if they know you are going to breath it.  There is way to much liability to them if they do so.

Jerry
Sorry for not clarifying.  My supplier is for medical oxygen.  I pay out of pocket since my insurance does not cover it.  This is why I can buy just the tank.  I think anybody here should be able to as long as they have a script.  It cost me $32 for an M and $16 for an E.
Not sure what the price difference is verses a welding supplier.

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:15pm

Around here it's $20. to swap out my welding "T" tank which is - Roughly (13) E tanks
- A bit more than 2-1/2 "M" tanks

Marc

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2013 at 12:27pm

Marc wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:15pm:
Around here it's $20. to swap out my welding "T" tank which is - Roughly (13) E tanks
- A bit more than 2-1/2 "M" tanks

Marc
Now that kind of deal kicks ass!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!