Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PF Days?! (Read 937 times)
Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
PF Days?!
Mar 28th, 2013 at 11:43pm

So, as of today, I have been pf and ha free since 10pm last Thursday. Once again, I state that I am fully aware that the prednisone might be giving me false hope. But there are other things that have changed as well. We changed my bp meds because dyaside was making the ha's worse. And I have now have now been back on the D3 regimen for about 3 and a half weeks. The last time I used this regimen, my cycle was cut short from 3-4 months to about 6 week, I'm at @5 weeks now and keeping my fingers crossed that the same happens this time. Maybe the steroids have given me the break from hits that I needed to let all the others things to begin to work.

Patrick

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: PF Days?!
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:40am

When you are starting and stopping more than one treatment in the relative same time period it's impossible to know which specific treatment is or is not working.

Regardless of whether it's you or your doc is selecting which treatment to use, you must stick with it for a fair test period before you can make any valid evaluation about its effectiveness.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 8:03am

I think this is one of the maddening elements of episodic chs. You never really know if something worked or if the cycle has ended. Still, you are pf so congratulations. I do agree with Bob that determining which med is working requires a more controlled study, but when something is working, it is cause for rejoicing. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 9:05am

Hoping it's the start of a LLLOOONNG remission, you were due!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 11:10am

Prednisone is generally a 50/50 deal for me. I generally need to go through 2 tapers to break a cycle, though sometimes one is all I have needed. I would also agree with Bob about drawing conclusions from your situation. And even if something did work this time, who's to say it will the next? But I guess that's just part of the game... Cool

IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:25pm

So, as long as I make it to Thurs, it will be 4weeks pf and ha free. Not saying it was the prednisone but Idid not get a hit on the day I started the pred and haven't had one since. Not a solution but have been successful in the past breaking the cycle and allowing the other meds and VITAMINS to work. Whateverit is, I'm thankful and it seems this cycle may have been cut short by about 6 weeks as well. Much luv and pf wishes

Patrick

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!