Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hopeing for some help (Read 1602 times)
horsegirl
CH.com Veteran

Cluster Headaches

x0||USA||0|0|IA,Iowa
hopeing for some help
Mar 23rd, 2013 at 11:00pm

This has been the toughest cycle to date, I think I say that every time , but this time I meen it. Many of my ha this cycle are hitting me in the back of my head , sometimes without any pain in front and no tearing.Even having ha or maybe migraines with pain behind eyes and top of my head, but its the bad ha at the back of my head that puzzles me, I've always had some pain in the back of head and neck with my clusters but not like this. can anyone relate or have this to.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: hopeing for some help
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 11:56pm

Any major change should always be discussed with medical professionals, of course, but in the meantime have a look at 'tension headaches'.

It  surprises me more CHeads don't suffer them, or perhaps we do and just don't notice.

Certainly keep us informed as to any outcome.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 2:56am

Totally agree with Brian's comment about discussing any significant change in headache behaviour, like this, with a medical professional. It might be just a slight change in your CHs or it could be something else. Only a medical professional can asses this.

AussieBrian wrote on Mar 23rd, 2013 at 11:56pm:
It  surprises me more CHeads don't suffer them, or perhaps we do and just don't notice.

I suspect that after going through the pain of CHs, a tension headache to many of us is not sufficiently painful to merit much attention. I've seen many people post here how they seem to have a tolerance for pain in excess of that shown by most people. But then most people are lucky enough to never experience a CH and the pain involved.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 8:39am

I don't think I've ever had a normal headache, maybe it's the ONLY blessing of having CH I don't get any ohter type of headaches. Certainly not the pain you're describing. It sounds like Tension Headache to me too, Lord knows with all the tensing and scrunching of shoulders we do during an attack it wouldn't be suprising. It's important to work with the doc on any major changes just to make sure. Wishing you some pain free time soon.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

horsegirl
CH.com Veteran

Cluster Headaches

x0||USA||0|0|IA,Iowa
Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 11:16am

thanks for feed back, I guess I was hoping to hear  , ya that happens to me all the time, I know I need a full check up but don't have Ins at the moment. I'm figureing out person cant abuse there body foreever without eventualy paying a price. I weaned off the verap early just cause the side effects and had to go back on cause my blood pressure was 176 over 106 . I'v only had 3 for sure clusters in a week so thinking and preying cycles ending. Then I will deal with the other crazy ha I'm having. Maybe its the B/p.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:41pm

Crossing the fingers and toes for ya.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

cathlane
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 1:04pm

mine have changed significantly this cycle too!!
steroids didn't work this time!
whereas ice to the head helped before it just hurts more now..also same as pushing hard on my eye or temple helped now just a touch makes the pain ramp bad, i used to just have them at night now it's the same time every day 3 times a day, i used to throw myself about (do the beast dance) but now the slightest movment sends shocks right through my head.. must admit i was worried like hell too that i had something else!

IP Logged

horsegirl
CH.com Veteran

Cluster Headaches

x0||USA||0|0|IA,Iowa
Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 9:08am

thats odd ,I'm different this time too. For 30 years I've used Ice and this time my head is just to sensitive and I through it accross the room in frustration. I use to scoot around on the floor like a monkey"seriously" now I realize it makes me worse, so toned it down to a slight rock back and forth. I wonder if its not always the beast thats changing but I'm changeing and growing to. I do feel I need a full check up and apparantly b/p med year round. My husband got me on his insurance so I was excited till I read the card. 8o / 20 IN 60 / 40 out. checking into what that meens but have a pretty good Idea. Insurance aint what it use to be but thats a whole new post and subject.  thanks for crossing all your digits for me it meens alot.

IP Logged

WillCoo
CH.com Newbie

21:4

Wheaton Il/ Nappanee In
Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 9:08pm

Guiseppi wrote on Mar 24th, 2013 at 8:39am:
I don't think I've ever had a normal headache, maybe it's the ONLY blessing of having CH I don't get any ohter type of headaches.
Joe

I completely agree with this. I was trying to explain to one of my good friends the other day who was having a run of the mill "headache" and knew I understood head pain. It's almost as if all other "headaches" I have ever experienced in my head has ceased to exist, and I only feel "cluster" type pain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!