Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Occipital Nerve Block-Update (Read 1439 times)
Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Occipital Nerve Block-Update
Mar 22nd, 2013 at 2:10pm

I had the nerve block yesterday. He did the major nerve only, as that nerve was the only one that was sensitive to the touch. Today, I don't have a headache, and I've begun reducing my Topamax. There is a bit of pain where he did the shot, but that's nothing compared to the HA.

I'm hoping it works. I'll keep you updated, as I reduce the Topo, what happens.

Mike

IP Logged

Samiam
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Philadelphia PA
Re: Occipital Nerve Block-Update
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 12:46pm

Good luck,  This never worked for me and I had several.  I also had Botox and that did not work either.  keep us updated.

"A smart man learns from his mistakes......A wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

IP Logged

horsegirl
CH.com Veteran

Cluster Headaches

x0||USA||0|0|IA,Iowa
Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 10:25pm

I have heard this has helped many, I'm trying it next cycle most likely. So yes please keep us updated. I think allot of the success of this depends on how skilled the doctor is.

IP Logged

Lucifer
CH.com Junior

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 4:18pm

Hey, the pain in the injection site goes fast, given the date i'm sure you know it. The nerve block is great. Mine only worked for 10 days. But boy, what a wonderful 10 days. I got my first bad headache in the library at school, I couldn't do a thing about it. But it worked beautifully for a while.

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 5:53pm

It seems to have worked so far. I'm down to 200mg Topo and no headache. I've had very few breakthrough headaches. Let's see how long it lasts. If it lasts, I'm hoping for a more permanent solution.
Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!