Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Occipital Nerve Block (Read 1635 times)
Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Occipital Nerve Block
Mar 12th, 2013 at 2:34pm

I'll be going for it next week. Can't wait. let's hope it provides some relief. At least long enough until I head to the headache clinic next month.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Occipital Nerve Block
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2013 at 4:28pm

Crossing fingers and toes for ya Mike. It's done a great job providing relief for many on the board, let's hope it does as well for you.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 8:19am

Mike, I pray all goes well and that this does work. It was the biggest surprise in the world to me that, for me, it did work. I should add it took about a week before I began seeing good results. Good luck and God bless. lance
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2013 at 8:20am by wimsey1 »  

IP Logged

Lucifer
CH.com Junior

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:36pm

I had it done yesterday. I know it takes a couple days to get going, but I have noticed that my headaches are quite a bit less severe today. I'm normally bashing my head senseless with a steel water bottle at this time. Currently I'm typing calmly and drinking water out of the water bottle!

I hope it helps you, but a word of warning. The pain of the injection is no big deal, but at least to me, it felt reaallllly strange having a needle poke into one of the primary cranial nerves.

IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 7:03pm

Mike, I truly hope it works for you. I have actually had it don 3-4 times in the past. Had mixed results. Workedquite well the first couple of times. Hope it does the same for you.

Patrick

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

ClusterEd
CH.com Newbie

oh... you've got a headache?
lol! please...

lena, IL
Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:21am

Hey Mike, I really hope it helps you.  I have tried several ways to control my chronic CH.  I've had Greater and Lesser Occipital Nerves blocked and it provided only enough relief while the bupivicaine was working.  I've also had the sphenopalatine ganglion block done and it provide migraine relief but did little for my CH attacks.

505239023 swingline01  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!