Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A REQUEST FOR SITE ADMIN (Read 1516 times)
Gonzalo
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

A REQUEST FOR SITE ADMIN
Mar 9th, 2013 at 10:35pm

Hello.

I'm the admin of the spanish language forum Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register who has now 720 registered users. I expose here a graphic of the visits on this forum last six years.

I have the experience that the visits increase when CH comes and rises when not in cycle, so this type of data MAY indicate max & min of cluster suffering people. If you could make your graphic and compare, we could all see if there is some common periods of max and min and if so, we could be against a global (earth) factor or discard this idea.

This kind of data comparation has been never executed (I think), I hope you can go on. Must be said this data cames from aprox. 50% europe (mostly spain), rest 40% from America (mostly south) and 10% rest of world. IMPORTANT, The graphic reflects visits, no unique visitors or pages.

If neccesary, we can interchange more specific data later. I rest expecting your answer. Best regards.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: A REQUEST FOR SITE ADMIN
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 1:03am

What will complicate things is the roughly even split between people in the northern and southern hemispheres as the seasons between the two are opposite (i.e. it is late summer / early autumn (fall) here in the southern and late winter / early spring in the northern).

Ideally if data could be broken out by region it would make a lot of difference.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 2:55am

Another interesting hiccup is that many, many people come when getting belted because they want information and support while others tend to avoid the place as they've problems enough of their own.

That said, I'd be interested in seeing the graphs as they refer to solstice and equinox though it might pay to drop the General and funnies boards from the equation.

There's also the matter of full moons and goji berries.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 11:01am

Gonzalo, I will alert the Administrator, DJ, of your post.

Thanks,
Melissa

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Vinnie
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 3:42pm

We should be able to do IP lookups and geocoding to determine rises in activity of approximate regions (say, bands of latitude). We can do this in Perl/Python to scrape the YaBB/webserver logs and a geocoding API.

I've done data manip before and have good access to statistical analysis. I would love to take a crack at this.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 7:35am

Thank you for the suggestions.  We have a complete set of interactive analytical graphs/charts/tables that show data from every visit.

Thanks!

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Gonzalo
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 8:26pm

Hello.

I supposed but ... where can we take a look to a similar chart? This was the main purpose of the contact.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Gonzalo
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 9:57pm

These are the moments I would like to speak english better, but i will try.

D.J., I don't understand your way, what's happening?. Don't you believe in cooperation? You must realize there is so many people outside "your yard".

You've made a great work, but you must always look outside. You are not the only one.

Best regards, and always here when you wake up.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 3:38pm

Quote:
I'm the admin of the spanish language forum Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register who has now 720 registered users.

720? The admin of this forum has over 10,000 registered users. What's your point, Gonzalo?
Quote:
You are not the only one.

Since DJ built this site and owns this site and administers this site and allows over 10,000 people to contribute, I would say that, Yes, he is the only one.
You are a very shallow little person, Gonzalo.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Gonzalo
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 9:50pm

Dear BobG.

I don't understand why you respond (this way) to a message directed to DJ. I think that anyone, however humble, who fights against CH is worthy of respect.

I leave, but please re-read your post. Reconsider what I intended and the way I leave, no results. Sure, 10.000 have nothing to share with 700??.

But I will return with my stupid's 700 experience everytime I think I have something to share. CH is much more than this.

See you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!