Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
constant eye presure? (Read 470 times)
trapper rich
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

constant eye presure?
Feb 28th, 2013 at 11:33am

in the past i would feel my ch coming then after a bout my head,eye, ear would slowly simmer down, but this time it seems like every morning i wake i feel like my eye is sore? like blinking hurts? and it doesn't go way for hrs? not a bad pain just a annoying one i don't remember having. has anyone experienced this?? thank you Roll Eyes

IP Logged

jess-MTL
CH.com Junior

Episodic sufferer

x0|Montreal|Canada||0|0|
Re: constant eye presure?
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:44pm

Yes, I have experience this before. I figured it was the beast's way of letting me know it was always there, waiting for me to go to sleep.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 8:37am

trapper rich wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 11:33am:
in the past i would feel my ch coming then after a bout my head,eye, ear would slowly simmer down, but this time it seems like every morning i wake i feel like my eye is sore? like blinking hurts? and it doesn't go way for hrs? not a bad pain just a annoying one i don't remember having. has anyone experienced this?? thank you Roll Eyes

I was getting hit 4-6 times a day, many of them at night, for over 3 years. So, yes, my eye would remain sore between hits. If you aren't getting hit with that frequency or regularity, I would raise the question at your next neuro appointment. Otherwise, I think it is normal for us to feel "aftereffects." blessings. lance

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:04am

I have had good luck (like really good luck) treating this type of thing (along with stronger shadows as well) with peppermint chapstick applied directly to the eye lid.  I know, sounds crazy, and I've had plenty of people tell me that it won't work---but I've received plenty of PM's from folks that have tried it with success.  Works great for shadows, useless for a serious cluster.  I've had good luck with a Migrastick (peppermint lavender essential oil rub on for migraines) for the shadows that migrate to my temple and forehead.

IP Logged

ndhillst
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 12:16am

Trapper, just out of curiosity, are there any other symptoms?  Do you get eyelid feel heavy and droop with watery eyes/nasal congestion/runny nose?  Is it a constant pressure or does it go away briefly and then return?

My Depakote got rid of my CH in my right eye, but I still had SUNCT headaches in my left eye which felt more like someone squeezing my eyeball than a fiery hot poker.  Not horribly painful, but after several hours they wore me down.  At first I thought it was some kind of weird CH, but after awhile I realized that they were just cycling quickly between headache no headache.  SUNCT can be very short (5 sec to 4 min) up to 20 times per hour (so for me it almost felt constant).  It can go on for hours.  Once I started on the immune vitamin regime and verapimil they went away.  FYI, O2 had no effect on it so I just had to live with it (happily it wasn't horribly painful).

Anyway, that is my only experience with something that felt like pressure.  Likely has nothing to do with what is going on for you.

IP Logged

Lucifer
CH.com Junior

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 3:38pm

I had this happen to me for almost a week around christmas. My eye even felt a little swollen. Scared me a lot.  Couldn't find anything stuck in my eye and it just went away entirely overnight.

I will say that in the days preceding this I had several very severe attacks which, in my desperation, I treated with 5000mg doses of gabapentin (don't do that, follks, it doesn't help and it turns you into a goofy-ass lunatic)

I aways thought it was the severity of the headaches, some kind of severe vasodilation or something that caused this.

IP Logged

bradish
CH.com Junior

Florida
Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 9:52pm

During a cluster I have pressure on and off throughout the day and night.  Mostly in my forehead and left side of my nose (that is the side I have clusters in).  I just figured it was part of the joys of having these nasty headaches.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!