Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Submission during a cycle? (Read 1480 times)
Canuck Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Submission during a cycle?
Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:33pm

Hi All,

My introductory post is in > Getting to know ya > who is who here to the newcomers > page 31.
Note, that I have never taken any long term meds as I really didn't know they existed until I found this site. Thanks to Mike NZ for giving me some short cuts to some good info and recommended I try O2 again, it is possible I was not using it correctly.

My CH over the years have been so systematic that I ALMOST feel comfortable getting them, they come, they do their thing, and go away for 2 years give or take.

This time is real different, never have they started like they did and now I suspect they have gone into submission!!???

I had that real bad first day, then nothing for a week and a k2 30min came on, nothing since then and I have tried the usual triggers just to test the waters!!
By now, entering into week 3, I should be having 1 CH per day at the minimum and there is nothing in fact I feel real good.
I am quite disturbed about this and just was wondering if there was any of you who have had similar cycles to mine and if they have ever experienced a submission DURING a cycle start?
If so what were the results if you can recall?

On a side note, the largest reason for concern is;
I am leaving on vacation to the D.R. towards the end of March, 2 years ago, 4 days before we left for the same vacation, these mothers came for a visit, I can assure you it doesn't matter how beautiful of a place you are in these things can destroy it, and they did.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Eimert

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Submission during a cycle?
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:13am

It's awkward when we become "comfortable" with our CH pattern and then the beast changes on us. It isn't the attack itself with which we are comfortable, I think, but rather the timing of it. But the beast does morph. So while we might say not to complain about the lack of pain, I do get what you mean. Nothing to do for it but to be prepared when the beast comes knockin'.

By the way, do you mean remission? I am assuming you did in the above reply. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:16am

The unexpected nature of the beast.  UndecidedFor the first 20 years NASA was setting the nuclear clock by my cycles and hits, they were so incredibly symetrical! Hit my 40's and they went all over the place! As Lance said, deeply appreciate the pain free time, ALWAYS be ready to go to war with beasty. Here's to hoping you're one of the lucky ones that "outgrows" them!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Canuck Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 11:43am

Hi Guys,

First off, my apologies for being so quick to think they have gone into remission. I chose submission, as I figured remission was the period between cycles rather than a submission during a cycle.

Well little did I know hours after this post there would be a 1 hour k8 waiting in the wings.

Joe, as the moderator you should probably delete this post as it's not accurate, again I will pay closer attention before coming to conclusions on these nasty buggers.
I have been in strict conformance this time with my diet, so maybe it's having an effect, however like you guys say you never know, and oh yes what an outstanding welcome to my 40's.
Thanks for your thoughts Guiseppi & wimsey1, I pretty much thought the comments would be of the "you never know whats around the corner" type scenario.

Take care
Eimert

IP Logged

djphrenzy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:06pm

Mine have never been very predictable.  First cycle was all over the place, day, night, whenever... second cycle was mostly a moving target at night... 10pm, 11pm, 1am... Third cycle (this one), not any more predictable, although they generally abate during the day... first cycle was 3 weeks, second was 4 weeks, this one is 6 weeks today.

I'm getting bored of eating tasteless food.  I want my processed meats and cheeses back.. and beer.  Mostly beer.

IP Logged

Arvid Fransson
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 1:53pm

Please don't delete this post, it was exactly this kind of information I came here seeking. I have an episode every other year and 2013 is one of those so I've been on my toes for two months now. I've had four attacks so far, spread out over four weeks and none of them very intense. That's very unusual for me; even though my attacks have never been that regular they've never been anything like this before. I also had one at lunch time last week despite never having any attacks between 9am and 9pm during my three previous episodes. I guess it doesn't really mean anything since I know it's unpredictable, but I'm "glad" you're experiencing the same thing since it means I don't have to look around for another diagnosis for this pain.

IP Logged

cathlane
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 6:01pm

join the club.. been having ch for about 10 years now PF for the last 6 until last week when the beastie reared his head again!.... this time though is wierd my last cycles only ever happened at night, now i have them all day, heat was a huge trigger so ice on the side of the head knocked it off but now cold is setting it off... before a well placed palm and fist in the temple and the eye would help now i can't even touch my face rocking and flaling about also was good but can't even move without making it worse this time.... bit confused but after reading here obviously the beast gets bored and plays with us a bit!

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2013 at 9:57am

No need to delete anything! You wouldn't be the first to think the clusters had gone away, only to be rudely awakened a few days later. Grin

But on a more serious note, you've found a good place for information and hopefully you can get a handle on things before your trip.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!