Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Headache Journal (Read 1769 times)
AngieH
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Battle Creek, Michigan
Headache Journal
Feb 9th, 2013 at 7:39am

Just a basic headache journal I created if someone needs it.  Hope it helps.

IP Logged

Slim
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Bethlehem, PA
Re: Headache Journal
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2013 at 7:46am

This is nice.  Thank you for posting, I think I might use it.  The journal I created for myself a long time ago is getting a little old.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2013 at 7:51pm

Good of you to share with others, Angie. Just think, it won't be long you can add notes like, "Hit the O2, killed it in minutes."

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

9thNerve
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Increased Headpain/ache with Hyperventilation
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:41pm

Hello  all,
Has anyone experienced increased temple pain/headache during the first few minutes of hyperventilation?
I am new to trying hyperventilation for aborting the headaches but had such excruciating headpain during it that I really had to force myself to stick with it until I got over the "hump",about 5 minutes, the pain decreased by about half ie from 8 > 4/5.  And I know I am doing it properly as the man himself (BATCH) taught me how.
Thanks all!
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 4:38pm by 9thNerve »  

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2013 at 1:34am

Here's one I use from the OUCH site.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

yelsew
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 4:10am

Thanks for sharing. I lost the one that the neurologist gave me so this is very useful.

Does anyone here use some sort of application to keep there headache logs? (mobile or desktop)

I'm a web developer and have been thinking lately it could be useful to create a web app for cluster headache sufferers to log there attacks.

A lot of useful data could be collected that way, date/time, location, age, gender, meds or supplements, special foods, triggers...

It could be then shown in nice graphs and tables that would allow the person to interpret the data more easily. Maybe even make predictions if enough data is available.

Would anyone use such a web application?

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Increased Headpain/ache with Hyperventilation
Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 7:53am

9thNerve wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:41pm:
Hello  all,
Has anyone experienced increased temple pain/headache during the first few minutes of hyperventilation?
I am new to trying hyperventilation for aborting the headaches but had such excruciating headpain during it that I really had to force myself to stick with it until I got over the "hump",about 5 minutes, the pain decreased by about half ie from 8 > 4/5.  And I know I am doing it properly as the man himself (BATCH) taught me how. Thanks all!

My only experience with temple pain has to do with a coinciding trigeminal nerve flare up. That sends all kinds of exotic pains shooting through my temples. It also yielded to O2, though. Not sure what you're experiencing but it sounds like a candidate for discussion with your neuro. Sorry I couldn't help more. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!