Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pomegranates (Read 1274 times)
MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Pomegranates
Feb 5th, 2013 at 5:14am

For which people are these super healthy fruits triggers?

I been to doc who told me I should have drink juice from Pomegranates,  first... I was like "What? What is that thing" I googled and read it is some exotic fruit which helps for veins and blood circulation system, but I wondered... does it also help with CH or does it trigger them? I couldn't find any info, so wondered if you guys avoid or actually do not mind them at all.

Thanks for any info felow clusters Smiley!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Pomegranates
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 7:03am

Were you visiting the doc in regard to CH when he told you to use pomegranates first?

« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2013 at 7:58am by AussieBrian »  

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 8:48am

There's been a lot of talk about their "anti-oxidant" value, I don't eat them whole but my favorite salad dressing is a pomegranite based. It has had neither a positive nor negative affect on my CH as far as I can tell. As with everything else having to do with CH, triggers can be very personalized so it's something you'd have to try and mponitor.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Drewbacca
CH.com Newbie

Welcome to the Head Banger's
Ball.

Wexford PA
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 8:57am

I have not noticed any significant help from pomegranates, acai berry, yum berry, mango, or other super foods in regards to cluster headaches. They have not made anything better or worse for me but they are delicious and have helped me live healthier. Superfoods will help with your metabolism, circulation, and give you unique proteins. Check with your Dr. to make sure the foods or vitamins won't act as a vasal dilator or you will be up poo creek without at a paddle when you next CH hits. Pomegranates are fine though. As I said earlier I noticed no effect on CH with pomegranates but the are delicious

Welcome to the Head Banger's Ball. I am sorry but we can't seat you without the proper attire (inserts dynamite stick in eye socket).
micdrewber or 7161257  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 9:49am

Quote:
...but they are delicious

Amen, brother.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 5:06pm

If you're on verapamil, do NOT eat grapefruit as there is a pretty serious interaction between the two.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!