Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Change in cycles. (Read 942 times)
niavas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

South Dakota
Change in cycles.
Feb 4th, 2013 at 11:14am

So in September of last year I went into a "mild" cycle usually around k4's and k5's that lasted through October these attacks were on the left side. Then in November for 2 weeks the attacks came back this time bilateral. Lucky for me they stayed at about a 4 or 5. I have never cycled in the fall, mine always have happened in Jan. Feb. March. With February being the most excruciating "Missed a month of work last year because of it." Now this year my "normal" cycle is not happening (Thank God) Cheesy I've had a few shadow headaches in January "K1 to K2's at best" easily squished by O2. This time last year and the year before I was having k8, k9, and k10's daily. Is this normal? "Not that I'm complaining Wink. On a side note, My Mom became very ill in Sept and passed away in November, I'm guessing the stress is what threw me into an early cycle. Could going through that changed my time?
Thanks,
Jenn

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”
---Albert Einstien

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Change in cycles.
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 4:42pm

Normal? Not a word we typically use with CH! The beasts abiity to morph is legendary. Just as you begin to feel you have a handle on when your cycle will start, how long it will run, what kind of attacks you get, the beast will radically change the playing field.

It's not unusual to see radical changes in cycle lenths, remission lengths, attack characteristis, or KIP levels. Meds that have always worked will stop working. After over 35 years of the beast I've given up trying to figure cause and effect.

Have you checked out the Batch regimen? It's the Vitamin D-3 routine so many of us are talking about. It's had me off cycle for coming up on 3 years now, and my experience is hardly unique. Worth a look see! Hoping you get a handle on this cycle soon.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 7:05pm

Wise words from the G man! 

So sorry for your loss.  Stress will kick me in to a cycle too.  It's not unusual for many.

I hope you get a firm handle on things soon...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Samiam
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Philadelphia PA
Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 7:42pm

Mine can be all over the place.  I can have them in Dec then skip two years then have them show up in July skip time and have them show up again in Feb.  There is no rhyme or reason as to why and when they will show up.  What I have narrowed down was two things.

Yes, an extremely stressful event will trigger me.  Long story short.  I was at the shore on a 4th of July weekend and at that time my sons ages were 5 and 11.  I sat close to the water so that I could watch my son fill his bucket with water and run it up to the sand and dump it in the whole he dug.  The Shore was packed so getting a parking spot was hard and my husband had dropped us off to get a spot.

His Mother and Father had also met up with us and other family members.  When my MIL asked me if my husband had found a parking spot yet I turned and answered her no.  That fast I couldn't find my son.  I felt my heart sink and I was becoming almost hysterica.  Other people saw what was going on and soon everyone was on alert.  The lifeguards came and everyone was looking.  I thought I would pass out.  This all took place in about 15 minutes.  I knew my son wouldn't go in the water so I feared someone took him, it was that crowded. 

The beach is very small and a lot of the locals go there so many knew us.

Well here comes my son walking up the beach with his bucket filled with his water with not a care in the world.  When he turned around he walked up the beach instead of walking back to the umbrella.  He was fine and in fact didn't even realize that there was a problem. 

Why I'm telling you this is that within hours I was hit with a kip 9 and it brought me out of a 5 yr remission.  That was one of my worse cycles I had in years with almost all my hits reaching 9-10's. I had not heard of O2 back then so I came very close to losing my mind and ending it. That was in 2001. I can't remember if I was hit with another cycle between that one and the 2007 which was in Feb and the 2011 that started in Dec (again stress hubby being operated on and lost his job after 28 yrs.)

As of now I was getting hits for about a week (kip 1-2) but they stopped and I'm doing OK with mild shadows.  So to answer your questions for me Stress and OTC feel good meds (5http) that play with Serotonin will trigger me.  I have had a cycle triggered with strobe lights also one time. Not sure if they were on there way anyway or not but the lights triggered it within minutes)

I feel that as soon as you add meds to the mix your cycle will jump around.  When I went without meds early on (for ten years) my cycle was every year May - Sept one hit a day.  Like clock work.  As soon as meds were added into the mix (by Neuro) my cycle shortened to 6-8 weeks but I never knew when they were coming and if I skipped years then I would get more hits per day.  Almost like you have to pay your dues to the beast.

I'm so sorry for your lost.  Wishing you the best. If I can help at all please feel free to PM me or ask here.  This group has gotten me through some really tough times.

"A smart man learns from his mistakes......A wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

IP Logged

Markmitch
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Valley springs ca
Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2013 at 8:44am

Tuesday night I had 8 attacks through the night, last night I had 4 and slept the rest of the night untouched. The Tuesday night attacks were on the left mainly in my jaw and teeth but the Wednesday night attacks were in my left eye area. and today my eyes are stinging and kinda tired feeling. The Monster does like to change things up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!