Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
during the day? (Read 3144 times)
Markmitch
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Valley springs ca
during the day?
Jan 31st, 2013 at 8:24pm

All of a sudden I had two cluster during the day! is this common? I was driving but it hit as I reached my destination. I had no meds no oxygen, so i sat in my car with my grandson in the back seat and I cried and banged on the side of my face. Scared him he was so quiet (hard to do for a five year old boy) Then I had to get a van onto a tow dolly tie it down and drive 45 minutes home. the whole time my head still hurt but much less.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: during the day?
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:32am

It very much depends on the person. Whilst most people have them mainly at night there is quite a lot of variation. I get just about all mine during the day, clustered in the evenings outside of work hours but I've only had a couple overnight (which I am very grateful for).

So it is a case of being prepared for them anytime.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 8:34am

It's as Mike said. When we are in the beginning of a cycle, or especially at the beginning of getting CHs in general, it isn't unusual to have what appears to be random hits throughout the day and night. Generally they settle down into a pattern which makes planning for them easier. The best thing, though, is to be prepared always with two or three abortives on hand. Wherever you are. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:35pm

I always got hit during the awake hours.  Always be prepared and have plenty of meds on hand.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:36pm

Most of my attacks happen during the day.  There is always a tank of O2 in my car with my backpack sitting on top of it.  In the backpack is my mask and backup Imitrex. 

I learned this lession several years ago driving the family home after a fun excersion to the local mall.  My youngest girls had spent the morning at Build-a-bear.  That was followed by white nuckle driving the last few miles home when the beast decided I'd had enough fun for one day.

Better to be frustrated lugging stuff around than to need it and not have it.  Always be prepared my friend...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 7:21pm

I seldom have daytime attacks but, just in case all 3 of my cars have a bottle of 5 Hour Energy drink.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Slim
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Bethlehem, PA
Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:26pm

I have had as many as 12 hits in one day.  Not so much anymore, Thank God, but I learned the hard way to always be prepared, no matter what time of day and how good I might feel.

IP Logged

Ken_DFA
CH.com Junior

Normal, IL
Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 3:05pm

Mark,

I'd much rather get hit during the day than at night.  In the daytime, you at least have a shot at getting to the O2 early on.  When I get hit at night, I'm lucky if I wake up before the pain hits a 5 or 6 and by that point it's a hell of a lot harder to get a successful abort.  Plus, there is that whole "sleep deprivation" aspect to consider as well. 

-Ken

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2013 at 10:02am

I;m with you Ken. I'd dream I was getting a hit, dream I was aborting with 02, dream it wasn't working!!! By the time I actually woke up beasty would have a good toehold and was much tougher to kick out with the 02!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Wayne
CH.com Old Timer

RedBull Rules!!

Christchurch, New Zealand|
Reply #9 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:59am

Weird how we get used to a pattern. I've always got hit at night, usually an hour after going to sleep, and I got quite acclimatised to it, even started thinking of it as my 'me time'. Now I'm getting them during the day and finding them very difficult to deal with. It's a privacy issue, at night I can hide!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

IP Logged

Strong Mama
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

in the swamp, ga
Reply #10 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 2:24pm

My hubby is getting them in the day sometimes too. Usually its at night, but lately its at work around 9am. He has to go in the bathroom, and take a shot.

We may not catch the beast, but we can tame it!
AaronandJoy Reynolds  
IP Logged

djphrenzy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #11 - Feb 18th, 2013 at 12:15pm

Mine seem to favor the early evening... around 10:00pm, and if left untreated, again at 1:00am... This cycle has been less predictable, I'm guessing because I'm trying new treatments.  I have had daytime hits this cycle.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2013 at 12:16pm by djphrenzy »  

IP Logged

jess-MTL
CH.com Junior

Episodic sufferer

x0|Montreal|Canada||0|0|
Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 12:57pm

It has happened to me in the past, but it's extremely rare. It once happened at work... Even if everyone knew what I had (we are close friends), it was horrible. I hid in my car, cried and banged my head on the window. I didn't know, but they were watching me from the office window. It lasted about 30 minutes until I found an expired Zomig shot that I took.
Since then, I always have a few shots with me and O2 in the car. In or out of cycle; I go nowhere without back-up.

IP Logged

jess-MTL
CH.com Junior

Episodic sufferer

x0|Montreal|Canada||0|0|
Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 1:03pm

Wayne wrote on Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:59am:
Weird how we get used to a pattern. I've always got hit at night, usually an hour after going to sleep, and I got quite acclimatised to it, even started thinking of it as my 'me time'. Now I'm getting them during the day and finding them very difficult to deal with. It's a privacy issue, at night I can hide!

I agree, it is weird how we get used to the pattern... I completely understand you, as I am hit during sleep as well, and daytime attacks just throw me off.

Just the idea that it could change sides freaks me out too. Left or right, it's the same pain, no?!! It should be the same.

IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 3:33pm

I probably sound like some kind of religious convert, but I hope you folks have looked into Batch's vitamin regimen, posted elsewhere here on the forum. I've been on it a week and can already feel a huge difference. Certainly worth a shot. Even if it doesn't work for you (and it seems to for an awful lot of us) it's just vitamins!

Ok well I know there's a way to cut and paste a page in here but I can't seem to do it. Got to the Medications, etc. forum and look for "Anti-Inflammatory Regimen and Survey"

David

IP Logged

darkwalker
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Denton|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #15 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:43pm

I've had them during the day. I generally get them between 1-3am. However, if I take Melatonin and stop the night attacks, I'll generally get one around 8:30-9am, and it'll be a 10.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!