Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm doing good, INFO FOR IMITREX PROGRAM. (Read 1825 times)
Samiam
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Philadelphia PA
I'm doing good, INFO FOR IMITREX PROGRAM.
Jan 31st, 2013 at 8:26am

I'm doing good.  I have not had any real shadows for about 4 days now.  I didn't need the O2 but I do have two E tanks on hand with my own regulator. I did find a place that will allow me to self pay for two M tanks and two E tanks just in case I need them but that was not easy to get. Doctor gave me what ever I needed the Companies were the problem.  I have applied for and was accepted into the patient assistance with the Imitrex so I will be getting 18 nasal sprays every 3 months for free  However I only asked my Doctor for 18 with one refill.  I will also have them on hand in case.   The program is good for 1 yr then you need to reapply.  They allow 18 every 3 months.

GlaxoSmithKline (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) (1-866-728-4268)  You can read more about it on the website.

I have always taken D3 @ 5000 ui and Omega 3 @ 1200, Magnesium I've taken about 1200 mgs.  What I have done when I read the Batch regiment was up my Vitamin D3 to 10,000 Omega to 2400 and my Magnesium at night to 1600.  I also did a Steriod dose pack for 6 days and I seem to be good.  No root canal needed.

I'm due for full blood work on Feb 5th which my Vitamin D3 will be part of that along with B12 due to using Metformin which depletes B12  I will need my A1c and my thyroid levels done also, full chem panel and DHEA levels.  I will report back what my levels are to see if maybe I got my levels up to the correct level.

I have stocked up on the D3 and the Omega 3 @ Costco since it has instance rebates last month and will continue with this.   I never have gotten a flu shoot and rely on the D3 to help with my immune system anyway.

I think what I had were just Migraines which lasted over a week but I knew for sure when they hit the right side It was not my normal cluster cycle Kips only around 3-4. They have stopped also and did not need to take any abortive meds other then the steroids.

"A smart man learns from his mistakes......A wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: I'm doing good, INFO FOR IMITREX PROGRAM.
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 1:24pm

Damn, you've got your ducks in a row, way to be your own best advocate. Smiley Thanks for the info on the med assistance, hopefully others can take advantage of it.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Samiam
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Philadelphia PA
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 1:55pm

Hi Joe,

I hope the info can help someone else.  Many don't realize there is help out there.

"A smart man learns from his mistakes......A wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 8:36am

That is good news, but one question. Why the nasal spray? Would it apply to the autoinjectors as well? lance

IP Logged

Samiam
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Philadelphia PA
Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:09am

Hi Lance,  I prefer the nasal and that Is the only drug they cover.  I already take 2 shots a day of Byetta so I really didn't want to and another shot in the mix.

IP Logged

Samiam
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Philadelphia PA
Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:11am

Hi Lance,  I prefer the nasal and that Is the only drug they cover.  I already take 2 shots a day of Byetta so I really didn't want to add another shot in the mix.

IP Logged

Bob Hatrock
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 9:02am

Hi, I haven't been on this site for a couple of years. I've had clusters 33 years, but have know gone 5 years with no clusters. THANK GOD! But I have been starting to feel like they are trying to come back. I've been getting this slight pain in the side of my head that the pain allways starts. Over the years I've tryed everything and the only thing that works is Imitrex injections. does anyone know long Imitrex is good after it has expired? I know it's good for at least 6 months after, but I have about 12 left that expired back in 2008. I hate to waste them, but I don't know if they are good or safe. Also where do I apply for the Imitrex program? Thank you so much for being here.   Bob Huh

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 9:10am

As long as they're not contaminated, the only thing they might be is slightly less effective.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 9:23am

Welcome back Bob, please take a minute and read this new regimen. If it works as well for you as it has for 81% of the people trying it, you won't need the imitrex:

Follow this link to the medications section of this board and read the post 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It’s a vitamin/mineral/fish oil supplement, all over the counter stuff. It’s up to an 81% success rate of those who try it and respond to the survey so you’re just shooting yourself in the foot if you don’t give it a shot. I’m 3 years pain free on it after a 30 plus year track record with episodic CH. Best of all, it’s healthy for you even without CH!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!