Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
oxygen and traveling (Read 1216 times)
Bstrong
CH.com Newbie

x0|Sandstone|USA||0|0|MN,Minnesota
oxygen and traveling
Jan 18th, 2013 at 2:09am

I know you can't take oxygen on a plane.  Has anyone had to get oxygen somewhere they traveled to?  Can I get the script from the oxygen place, or do I have to get another from the Dr.?  I've had this trip planned, and don't want to cancel because of this.  Been pain free for close to a year, and the demon is back just 4 days ago.  I pray for everyone here!  So nice to have a family that deals with the same issues.  I especially pray for the chronic!!!  I found out about oxygen here yrs back, and it's been my best friend.

Thank You

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: oxygen and traveling
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 7:26am

If you get your O2 from one of the national providers (like Apria or LifeGas), you can call their customer service folks and have them arrange to deliver oxygen to wherever you're staying.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 7:43am

I think you can get Apria to deliver even if you aren't one of their regular providers. I haven't tried it yet but that was my line of thought. lance

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 7:56am

P.S. - Bring your own mask and regulator.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 9:23am

And since you're recently back on the board, please check out this link. It's a simple vitamin/anti inflammatory regimen that's had me off cycle for almost 3 years. Helping well over 70% of those who try it. The best part is it's only pennies a day, and good for you even if you don't have CH. Please give it a look see.

Follow this link  to the medications section of this board and read the post "Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 3:32pm

I've had oxygen when I've travelled both domestically and international. Domestic is the easiest, just a matter of arranging it with my supplier as they cover the area I visit frequently. For international it was a case of setting up a new account with them and sending them information which included a letter from my doctor indicating I use medical oxygen for CH.

Each time I take my own mask and regulator, which I pack in hand baggage as I want zero risk of them getting delayed. A couple of times airport security have asked to look at what the regulator is and every time they've been happy with it (it shows up as a large, dense and unusual object which is why they often ask about it).

IP Logged

Slim
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Bethlehem, PA
Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:21pm

Went to Florida a few years ago to visit my in-laws.  I called my local Apria office here in PA and they arranged to have O2 delivered to my in-laws house.  It was there waiting for me when we got there.  It is very easy and convenient.  No hassles at all.

IP Logged

CaitieV
CH.com Newbie

Washington, DC
Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 2:27pm

I went through this recently-- I just called up a local provider (found via google) and asked them if I could get a travel tank until I found one that would- and it was on my first call. They even delivered to my hotel room. It was way easier than I thought it would be, and not worth all the worrying I did beforehand.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!