Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Imitrex and shadows (Read 725 times)
Sophy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Imitrex and shadows
Jan 11th, 2013 at 8:24am

Hello y'all Smiley

I went back to my neuro yesterday, who gave me some new medecine (Laromyl, I don't think you guys use the same name in the US) and doubled my isoptine dose. She said the Laromyl was supposed to help with the CONSTANT pain my face is in (my teeth, eyes, ears and cheek always hurt).

I'm not even sure these can be called shadows anymore, they can get pretty painful (I'd say... Kip 4). I'm even wondering if these are not some "baby" clusters, that the Verapamil has toned down.

So, the question is, should I use Imitrex shots on these? I've been wanting to do so, because 1) they get hard to deal with 2) if the Imitrex does work, then I guess they are clusters, and not something else altogether.

But as I'm new with all this cluster stuff.. I don't want to mess up.

Bye!

IP Logged

idorko
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Central Maine
Re: Imitrex and shadows
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 5:03pm

We call that Amitriptyline here Wink

If it works, I'd say go for it. My preferred non-oxygen abortative is DHE and I've used it to sleep through shadows/headaches.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!