Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for answers please (Read 1984 times)
Packman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Looking for answers please
Dec 28th, 2012 at 4:34am

Great site! Very helpful. Just started another cycle, I am very lucky as I only get these horrible things every 3 years.   Anyhow I am in week 4.  I know the game and got my steroids, imitrex, verapamil, melatonin, right away.  Been doing soooo much better the last 2 weeks.  No night time hits and like nothing worse than a 5 during day.  First 2 weeks Was awful!!!!!.  My ? Is I felt off yesterday constant pressure etc, then bam got 1 at 6 pm and been suffering for 10 hours.  Its hitting me every time I fall asleep.  I am so bummed as the last 3 days were so good, I thought my cycle was over.  The imitrex didn't even help this time. 
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2012 at 4:35am by Packman »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Looking for answers please
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 7:23am

Welcome.

Yes, it sounds like you know the game.

Maybe it's time for a game-changer:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

and

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 8:57am

Hey Packman, sorry to hear your in pain. Keep in mind, that despite past performance, a cycle can just up and change without notice. It sucks, but there it is. You don't mention O2, and if your cycles were so short I can see why. But if you are in a morphing process to something more virulent, you might want to consider it. It is a powerful abortive for so many of us. Also, if the trex is pill form, you might want to trade it for injectables. Works faster and all that. Let us know how you get on. God bless. lance

IP Logged

Packman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 9:21am

Very interesting.  Is there a difference between a prescript anti-inflam like melixicam sp.?  And the vita d omega 3?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 9:21am

Glad you found us! As Brew mentioned, the D-3 link is helping over 70% of those who give it a shot. Cheap, good for you even without CH, worth a shot.

And beasts ability to morph, yeah, that just sucks. Undecided Every time you think you really have  a handle on him, he blind sides ya.

JOe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 9:56am

Quote:
Is there a difference between a prescript anti-inflam like melixicam sp.? And the vita d omega 3?

One will put you in the poor house?

Seriously, I don't know. What I do know is that vitamin D3, calcium citrate, zinc, magnesium, fish oil, and Centrum Silver are all easily obtainable and cost pennies a day.

And taking them makes me feel like a man again.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Packman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 10:18am

Ok brew I going out today to buy whatever u say.  Can u give me a shopping list?  Sorry to be a pain, I just hate these so much.  I take 10 mg melatonin at night and up until last night was working...

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 10:52am

Very hard to give you a shopping list if you don't know what your serum 25(OH)D level is. You need to have that tested asap.

A safe place to start would be:

Vitamin D3 - 10,000iu/day
Zinc - 25-50mg/day
Magnesium - 200-300mg/day
Calcium citrate - 600-1200mg/day
Fish Oil - 3,000mg/day
'Centrum Silver' Multivitamin - 1 per day

Do read the thread I posted above. It will give you a feel for how high or low you will want to go on the D3 based on your serum levels.

IP Logged

Packman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 12:22pm

Thanks Man I really appreciate the help.  I will definitely read the whole log today

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 12:47pm

It may take you a couple of days. Honest. Wink

IP Logged

Packman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 8:25am

Posted this on p. 45 of the above link!!Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #1116 - Today at 8:22am                                         After a terrible god awful night on thurs in which I been on verapamil and took 2 imitrex nasal to NO help.  I joined the site and got some great advice from Brew.  Anyhow yesterday I took 10,800 vita D3 the cal, mag, zinc, and a few omega 3 pills with my usual 10 mg melatonin.  I had an amazing day and sleep.  I am speechless.  If this works.......

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!