Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
if i could let you expirience it.would i? would u? (Read 2333 times)
adamski
CH.com Junior

THANK YOU CH.com!

uk
if i could let you expirience it.would i? would u?
Dec 14th, 2012 at 10:39pm

the thing is sometimes i would like those that take c.h lightly ..i would like to posses my buddy at the tip of my finger and when they play c.h down , i could therefore touch there heads and let them play with my buddy for a minute or 2 lol ...no i wouldnt really i wouldnt wish my buddy on my worst enemy ...i written a song that describe the alienistic character of my feelings towards c.h and it is as follows...
My coldest winters are felt in the summer heat.
A hot day in December im exposed tryna catch a breeze.
Cloudless skies still im immersed on dry land.
The ground i walk upon at times like quick sand.
It slowly pervades as my barricades disinclined.
Nothing left to say when its out of sight out of mind.
I stay eager for the fray like an axe to the grind.
Then we split and part ways a new path i must find.

keep calm carry on through our burdened load my friends ...trials and tribulations and indeed we are tested more than most but less than some ...we are here when we need each other ...stay strong
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2012 at 10:41pm by adamski »  

ADA
WWW adamski  
IP Logged

Tim in Texas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Kerrville Texas
Re: if i could let you expirience it.would i? would u?
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2012 at 2:02pm

I've wanted to do it before to migraine sufferers and those other people who don't believe. I would want them to go through quite what we do, but a "taste" I feel would do wonders for the non-believers. No, I would never wish them onto to people to to have cycles. Its just too much pain to wish on anyone. And of course, I'd never want my supporters to feel it. I'd just rather them to have to take my word for it.

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:43am

I think a minute at K8 would be enough to get the point across.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 12:51pm

japanzaman wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:43am:
I think a minute at K8 would be enough to get the point across.

Maybe this is something neurologists should experience during their training. The change in attitude would be amazing, like not making people wait months for a CH related appointment.

IP Logged

Tim in Texas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Kerrville Texas
Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 2:04pm

I kicked this idea around in my head many times. It wasn't until I replied the other day did I actually put some real thought into it. For most of us, dealing with the pain is only really 70% of our nurden. Fearing our next attack is harsh. These people to "test drive" a CH would need them for atleast a week. To know what its like to be on your 3rd night of non-sleep and being terrified to lay down the next night of fear of the hour or two shortly after you fall asleep. To know what its like to be caught out somewhere that its impossible to brace yourself for the one that's beginning to shadow you. To know how it feels to be between two towns on the interstate, pulled over on the side of the road bending your steering wheel in the midst of a K-8 when a state trooper pulls behind you and begins to ask you questions (that you MUST answer. How when you tell him that you get cluster headaches, he only demands for you to get out of the car for a field soberiety test. As he shines his flash light in your eyes and demands you to not lean against the vehicle. All the time forcing you to answer his questions. Yeah these are really fun times, but after careful reconsideration.....I'd like to retract my comment to a HELL NO I wouldn't. The only way people would really understand is through a tough cycle. One that puts a lot of bearing on your life like you have never imagined. Then, maybe they would understand.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:01pm

Quote:
let them play with my buddy for a minute or 2 lol ...no i wouldnt really i wouldnt wish my buddy on my worst enemy

Yes, I would. There was a guy in Connecticut I'd wish your buddy on. But, he took the coward's way out.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

CH Keith
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:11pm

Yeah, I don't think so.  The only benefit is for me to feel better about what someone else thinks of me.  That is going to happen in life no matter what we are talking about when only side is experiencing something.  Not to mention we all handle things differently.  Would it change things for us if they felt what we fell and still felt like we were overreacting?  I know it wouldn't change things for me.

That being said, I have considered if there would be a benefit to letting people see a full K10 hit, but if someone doubts what we are going through, then they are going to doubt what they see too.  That is what makes our supports so special.  They feel it with us and it comes from what they feel for us.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 1:38pm

If given the power to make the decision of letting somebody else experience CH's...Yes I would! 

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

adamski
CH.com Junior

THANK YOU CH.com!

uk
Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 8:23pm

The only way people would really understand is through a tough cycle. One that puts a lot of bearing on your life like you have never imagined. Then, maybe they would understand. [/quote]

this is soo true what would a quick flirt with the beast accomplish?? nothing exactly good point...but still it would be great haha ...when people who get migrains say oh ...i get them ...or those that say ...you should lay off the coffee....for that split second ....i had this one friend that was in a car crash and to get maximum compensation he started saying he suffered cluster headaches ....after actin all friendly and acting like he actually gave a damn about my diseace..when he was asking me i told him what it was like the pain involved everything...when he told me i said to him dont take this disease lightly ....and made him aware of his ignorance ...but sure i would have liked him to dance with the devil...pure ignorance though...i couldnt believe it..!!

ADA
WWW adamski  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #9 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 6:12pm

Ive been lucky with doctors.  Many of my friends here have NOT. i think a 30 seond KIP 10 would help them be better doctors.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:49pm

I have found, when I call them "suicide headaches", or the worst pain known to medical science, they either want to know more or shut up.

Another description, any other way to feel this much pain would make you unconscious. I believe that.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!