Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pillows (Read 2743 times)
moneymaker
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Pillows
Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:23pm

after having a long cluster cycle and still getting small hits,has anyone experienced the side you have the headaches on hurts when you try to lay your head on a pillow?Gonna try a memory foam pillow next as i have tried all others and cant even use the pillows i used before this cycle,almost feels like i am laying my head on a brick,,Really wondering if there has been damage to the nerves this go around with my CH Cycle.Just dont have health insurance so i can go see any Dr or Neuro anytime soon.

IP Logged

moneymaker
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: Pillows
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 2:03pm

guess i am the only one with pain issues Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 2:45pm

Quote:
guess i am the only one with pain issues

Maybe.

And maybe not everybody is here every day.

Patience, grasshopper. Somebody will come along that may be able to provide insight into your issue.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 2:48pm

moneymaker wrote on Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:23pm:
after having a long cluster cycle and still getting small hits,has anyone experienced the side you have the headaches on hurts when you try to lay your head on a pillow?Gonna try a memory foam pillow next as i have tried all others and cant even use the pillows i used before this cycle,almost feels like i am laying my head on a brick,,Really wondering if there has been damage to the nerves this go around with my CH Cycle.Just dont have health insurance so i can go see any Dr or Neuro anytime soon.

Yes, and when in cycle I sleep on the other side (I'm a left side, right side, then back sleeper).  I've had all sorts of pillows and changing them never made a difference.  I've been out of cycle 4+ years now so I cannot tell you if the memory foam pillow I currently use makes any difference.

-mel
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2012 at 2:49pm by Melissa »  

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 12:20pm

Something I read here a short while back was resting your CH side on the pillow to sleep helps reduce frequency and/or intensity of night time attacks.  Might prove worthy, might not.  But couldn't hurt any worse to try it, right?

Good Luck! Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

adamski
CH.com Junior

THANK YOU CH.com!

uk
Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2012 at 4:34am

all i can say is me personally i never sleep on my right side as that is where i get the pain ....as i think if i sleep on the side where i dont get the pain i am less likely to have an episode....but o think its just wishful thinking on my behalf ...but thank you for bringing that to my attention ,,,as comfort is everything and every little helps i guess ...sorry i couldn't have answered your question...but that really typifies this condition a lot of question with seldom answers ...

ADA
WWW adamski  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2012 at 9:20am

My response is the same as Mr Anderson's. I can't abide any pressure, waking or sleeping, on my affected (right) side. While it won't trigger a hit right away it doesn't take long at all. It's one of the joys of being in remission for me, being able to sleep on my right side. blessings. lance

IP Logged

CrankieFrankie
CH.com Junior

Clusterhead

New Jersey
Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2012 at 11:17am

I've actually noticed that it helps for me to sleep on the side where I get my CHs. If I try to sleep on my back, I'm almost always guaranteed a hit within the hour. Actually, this is happens even if I'm just laying on the couch on my back. Maybe its just putting that pressure on the back of my neck that does it. Who really knows.

"I close my eyes, I tell myself to breathe and be calm. I know you feel like you are breaking down. I know that it gets so hard sometimes. Be calm."

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #8 - Dec 14th, 2012 at 11:47pm

Even when I am not in cycle, sleeping on my normal CH side (Left) can trigger some mild, but still measurable pain in classic CH areas, though not all the time.  I have woken up several times in the past month with the stuffy nose, droopy eye, etc. and thought, Crap, here comes the cycle. But getting up, moving around, and returning to bed on the other side seems to alleviate this little "reminder" pain.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2012 at 9:15am

Didn't work for me, but many find that by sleeping in a recliner, during high cycle, they can alleviate some of the discomgort and night time hits.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

jcaskey
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2012 at 1:12pm

I get hit on the right side. In the beginning it is just little pains and if I lay on the left the throbbing pain gets worse. Once things really get going, I just sit upright, strap on the Oxygen and wait until everything settles down.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!