Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question about possiable cause of my CH? (Read 918 times)
lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
question about possiable cause of my CH?
Dec 4th, 2012 at 2:00pm

just out of curiosity. I had a really rare infection that grew threw out my neck and traveled up to the base of my brain when i was 10. I had emergency surgery where they removed my adenoid glands and one of my tonsils. I was in the ICU for 3 weeks. They told my mom that i had a 50-50 chance of making it because the swelling was reaching the base of my brain. the swelling was so bad from the infection my neck was bigger then my head. there not sure what caused the infection. but shortly after that is when i started CH but was misdiagnosed. So my question is, is there a likely chance that these CH started because of the infection i had or that it caused some damage to my trigeminal nerve. Sorry this is random but me and my mom where talking the other day and just wonder what you guys thought.

Only the strong survive!!!

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Re: question about possiable cause of my CH?
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 4:43pm

I don't think it's the cause of it, but it sounds like it could have triggered it.  Just like mine could have possibly been triggered after I got whiplash when I was 16. 
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2012 at 4:44pm by Melissa »  

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 12:05am

Possibly it was the cause or it may have been coincidence.

Just as for me I got CH started a couple of weeks or so after a head injury. The same thing applies.

IP Logged

lydia nichole
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Manassas, Virginia
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 10:22am

thank you guys thats what i was thinking that it triggered it

Only the strong survive!!!

IP Logged

Cupper
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Seagrove Beach FL
Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:15pm

I've thought hard about past head trauma as the cause and I'm still not sure on it. Plenty of hard knocks during my reign to the brain bucket. I lean more toward it being cause by luck. Bad or good I'm still not sure. I do know that all with CH's are certainly the toughest .1% of the living.
Peace People

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!