Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maxalt 5mg tablets ending,What I can do? (Read 646 times)
David35lx
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Maxalt 5mg tablets ending,What I can do?
Dec 3rd, 2012 at 5:55pm

My doctor prescribed me Maxalt 5mg tablets rizatriptan.
It has been effective in abort CH attacks until now but only have 2 more pills and the prescrition I had to left in the pharmacy.
My GP only give consults at Thursday and Friday and I am waiting to give him the form to get oxigen.
What I can do?

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Maxalt 5mg tablets ending,What I can do?
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:56pm

Call his office and ask for any pharmaceutical samples they might have to get you through. If they have none, insist on being seen sooner. If they won't, you're going to have to step up your game and go after some welding O2.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Re: Maxalt 5mg tablets ending,What I can do?
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 11:18pm

If you were receiving the medicine under insurance (in the U.S.), then you have the right to petition the insurance company for a greater amount. You will need to have your doctor fill out some kind of form stating that you need higher quantities due to your unique medical condition.

Make no mistake, a majority of insurers will make this at least a minor hassle for you. But be persistent! You may even be pleasantly surprised. All it took was one letter from my neuro and I went from "only 4 boxes of 'trex" per month to "13 boxes". I'm sure they hate paying out $3000 worth of meds to me per month but... tough nuts for them!  Grin And good luck.

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!