Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questionable contact (Read 1477 times)
Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Questionable contact
Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:55pm

Just spent over 30 minutes on my home telephone number from a guy named David .  He says he lives in Israel but originally from the US.  Claims to have CH.
Questions???  How did this man get my home telephone number?  I directed him to CH.com website and walked him though the various places on CH.com.  He was able to open the message board to read but not sure if he is logged in as a member in order to post

He seems like a nice guy, but he called me on my personal house land line, did not e-mail me thru Ch.com, or through OUCH.

His name is David - the e-mail addy he gave me was rapdaddy.com@gmail.com.

I do not know who this man is but he has found my home telephone number.  I am not at all comfortable with this.  I am more than happy to give out my home number to those I want to share it with, but am leery when I receive a call from someone I don't know/. I directed this guy to CH.com to answer his questions.  Again question,  How did this man get my home telephone number?

Deej, or anyone else, please explain

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Questionable contact
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 5:14pm

Sandy - As part of your profile, you include your hometown. If you've posted your last name anywhere on this site, or the OUCH site, it wouldn't be difficult for someone to find your phone number.

There are other ways a person could obtain your phone number, but if you provide enough clues, it's not that difficult.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 9:12pm

Sandy,

Obviously this David has gone to quite a bit of length to look for you and acquire your number. He should have never called you, and you should have hung up the moment you did not figure out who he was.

Keep his number on your phone, and let someone else know of this issue, if he calls again on any phone or email simply don't respond.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 3:48am

Knowing where you lived and even parts of your name was probably enough to at least get a couple of numbers. From there, just call until somebody recognizes cluster headaches.

If you do get a call again, either ignore or let the guy know you'd rather communicate via email/etc.

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 1:41pm

Sandy_C wrote on Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:55pm:
Deej, or anyone else, please explain

Sandy, I couldn't even begin to speculate as to how this guy got your number.  Google would be my guess?

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 9:24pm

he probably just typed your name into a people searching website, like spokeo(most commonly used).  you would be surprised at how easy it is to get personal information these days.

all he would need is a first and last name and the state you live in.  it would take about as much time as it took me to write this. 

the internet makes things like this easy.

to remove your personal information from spokeo... :Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!