Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
STARTED O2 (Read 1595 times)
Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

STARTED O2
Nov 29th, 2012 at 2:48am

Ok the oxygen co delivered O2 yesterday Rx was for 10-12 lpm they brought a a regulator that goes to 15. Used o2 twice already to abort headaches as soon as they started. Quite impressed so far. They delivered nasal unit and I breath fast first headache was aborted in about 5 min second in about 8 min continued for a few min afterwards just to make sure they were gone, will order mask this Fri. Nice side effect seems I'm not getting the shadow that i have been having for about 2 weeks in between hits. This oxygen thing seems pretty good so far wish I would have tried it years ago!

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: STARTED O2
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 8:27am

Good for you! It's amazing how simple a thing as O2 can work to debilitate so angry a beast. Until the mask comes, you can breathe directly from the tube, pinching your nose closed if necessary. It will work even faster. Good luck and God bless. lance

IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 11:42pm

Been putting o2 in mouth and holding nose shut, works pretty good. Tried using the nasal thingy and it only seems to work about 50 % of the time besides with my CH it hurts to breath through my nose.  Looking forward to future results though

IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 11:14pm

Got mask and use mouth piece instead finding that O2 works as long as I catch the beast early enough if I wait to long I have to take trex. Taking 20,000 IU's D3 daily, topamax 100mg every other day and varapamil at 240mg a day. Use O2 during sleeping period seems to be the only time I am getting attacked lately. The attacks have been minor for the most part 2-3's. Had about a 6 a week and a half ago at work last major hit I had. O2 works about 80-90 % of the time my arms are enjoying the break from the shots.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2012 at 11:15pm by Tim Cobb »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 8:25am

Great news Tim. Don't be afraid to experiment a bit with HOW you use the 02. I like to exhale as far as I can, cough to get any last bit out, then take as deep a breath as I can, and hold for up to 30 seconds, then repeat. I do that for the first few minutes while beast is trying to dig in. Once he's in retreat I go back to more normal breathing until he's gone.

Isn't it a great feeling to have something that works that doesn't leave you feeling like a train hit ya?

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Joe S.
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 11:28am

I also recently started oxygen and it really seems to work.  I do seem to go through the oxygen quite rapidly however.  They delivered one M60 tank and a non re-breather mask.  I went through the first quickly and am on my second.  Is this normal?
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2012 at 11:53am by Joe S. »  

IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 7:40pm

I do enjoy not using a drug per-say although the O2 is considered a drug. I have a liquid O2 system it was recommended by a local O2 supply company and I am glad I went with it. They fill the main unit every other week and I fill the portable unit every day or two depending on how many visits I get. Look in to it if you can get it, it's 99.9% and seems to be little hassle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!