Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Can episodic people turn into chronic? (Read 5925 times)
coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Re: Can episodic people turn into chronic?
Reply #25 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:09pm

Mer,

Your not going chronic.

Go to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and then read some more.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #26 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:19am

Nancy, I'm going to have to agree with the posters above. You are already putting money out on imitrex (by the way, you should read and employ the imitrex tip at the left to stretch out the shots regardless of what the Rx label says) which isn't as effective as O2, so why not stop that and try O2? It could well be the abortive you are looking for and need to restore some sense of management to your life. People here will help you with a set up if you can't get medical O2. We wouldn't be pushing this if we didn't find it to be the best abortive around. OK, my last word on the subject. God bless. lance

IP Logged

Nancy
CH.com Junior

I live for every pf minute

x0|Lansing|USA IL
Reply #27 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 5:24am

I pray you guys are right about me not going chronic!! It has been a week since I have had one, but I still feel the shadow just waiting to pop out. I can't wait to read the link you sent coach Bill.
I will keep everyone posted! I pray I can go back in remission!!  Grin

http://www.facebook.com/frosty4231?ref=tn_tnmn frosty4231 frosty4231  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #28 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 5:56am

See?  I was right all along!

One day at a time, Nancy.

One day at a time.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Nancy
CH.com Junior

x0|Lansing|USA IL
Reply #29 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 6:59am

I know everyone was right!! But its hard to see when you are on the pitty pot!!  Cheesy
Thanks for all the support everyone!! I needed to get kicked in the butt to get myself to fight this monster back!! I am not going to let it win over my life!!

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #30 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 8:14am

I truly hope this remission follows through.   Smiley

In the past, a prednisone taper has helped you for short cycles.  If though, that does not conclude an episode, when the pred taper is done, clusters can come back with a vengence.  The Imitrex has helped but can run short.

Your cycles may be longer if they return and you don't want to repeat this experience.  It might be good to expand your treatment, like starting a preventive med or treatment also when you start the prednisone, so something is protecting you when that taper ends. 

You've tried oxygen before, it can work and we can help you with it, keep it at home if you like.  Use the Imitrex on the road and on the job if needed.  Starting the pred taper with a preventative and having oxygen and Imitrex may allow you to manage an episode so as to not interfere with life and work so much.    Next time.        Smiley

You can also start the D3 regimen at this time and see if it can do any preventing for you against future bouts.

IP Logged

Nancy
CH.com Junior

x0|Lansing|USA IL
Reply #31 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 9:32am

I just took day 4 of the D3 regimen!! I'm not sure if that is why I have not had a ch in 6 days, but I am just happy to start counting pf days again. I do still feel the shadow of Mr. cluster, I just hope the shadow leaves me soon! I'm here to let the monster know he isn't welcome in my life!! Angry One can only hope!!   Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2012 at 3:14pm by Nancy »  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #32 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 9:53am

Stick with it, Nance.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #33 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 2:45pm

Chronic as of December 1. It's a lovely club, come on in and sit down. Have a glass of wine and some shellfish.

It's just a label. We all suffer, some more than others, some longer than others. The goal here is to help each other through it as best we can and try whatever means possible to figure out what works best for the individual. Sometimes it's just talking, venting and yelling to let it out. I hope you are feeling better and you can and will great help here.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!