Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For our loved ones (Read 1293 times)
Tim in Texas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Kerrville Texas
For our loved ones
Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:10pm

I believe that I can speak for everyone here that suffers from CH's. I don't mean to over-step and boundaries....if I do. This post is for all of the friends and family who stand by our side attack after attack and were always there after it passed. Thank you! We love you dearly. We have pushed you away, slapped glasses of water/medication out of your hands, and have been rude. We don't mean to lash out at you when you see us hurting and ask if we got a headache. (God I would say horrible things). We don't mean to make you hurt inside because you hear us bawling in the other room. We don't mean to neglect you when we spend half the night trying to comfort other people on this site. Fact is, we know how much we love you and how bad it must hurt to see us like this.I couldn't imagine watching a loved one going through an attack....especially knowing what they are feeling. We salute you for standing there, taking the kids outside, turning off the tv when you are watching your favorite shows. The hurt you must feel when you know that there isn't anything you can do to really comfort us. Thank you for being right there with a dose of meds when we do start to come out of it. Being there with our favorite pillow. We would be alone without you, some of us dead. Nobody here would EVER trade places with you because we know the monster we fear. We are sorry for being grouchy, for walking out a movie early, isolating ourselves at family gatherings when we get attacks. It must be embarrassing for you to have to explain us. It must anger you when people make stupid comments when you are explaining our condition. Thank you for defending us. Most of all.....thank you for never leaving our side!

WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN WE SHOW!

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: For our loved ones
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 8:35am

Well said, and God bless our supporters. Happy Thanksgiving to all ya'll. lance

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 8:29pm

Very well written Tim.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 10:06am

Supporters are special people, well written!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2012 at 2:06am

Thank You for putting it in words, I'd be lost without the support of my wife and son.

IP Logged

JArnold
CH.com Newbie

x0|Chesnee|USA||0|0|SC,South_Carolina
Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 8:11am

Very well said.  I'll have to share this with my wife.  She's been my anchor these last 8 years of chronic CH.

IP Logged

adamski
CH.com Junior

THANK YOU CH.com!

uk
Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2012 at 4:18am

thats the truth and that is its not only ourselves that are effected .......thankyou for making me remember this point..

ADA
WWW adamski  
IP Logged

Tim in Texas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Kerrville Texas
Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2012 at 7:29am

I wrote this thread in hopes of letting our supporters know that we do realize what they do for us and  are appreciated. My girlfriend is new to CH's and never experienced anyone living with them until about a year ago. She saw me in agonizing pain rolling around on the floor bawling my eyes out. For someone to experience that for the first time.....it must be a terrible sight. For months she was convinced that there MUST be something she could do to help ease my pain. Many times I would walk back into the bedroom and see her in tears. Sometimes I think we forget that these headaches effect everyone around us. And sometimes I think they hurt our supporters more. This is a tough fact to understand when we are in our cycles, but I really think its the truth. Our pain is usually with us for 30 minutes to an hour and a half, but their pain for us seems to fester inside them for the complete duration of our cycles. As you all know, our supporters are priceless......don't ever let them forget how much strength they give us and the immense love that we have for them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!