Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm baaaaaaaack! (Read 1002 times)
Design_by_Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I'm baaaaaaaack!
Nov 20th, 2012 at 5:16pm

Hey gang,

It's been nearly 2 years since I have been to this site regularly, and even longer since that CH bastard started kicking my rear end. Well, he's back and with an axe to grind...(in my head). I'm so glad y'all are still around!

It started back up last Wednesday, and been going daily since. Not but maybe 2 or 3 hours of sleep per night, and hits throughout the day. I can't remember a cycle this seemingly random. At the time of my last attack over 2 years ago, I had been chronic for over 2 years and then they just stopped. Previous to that I had been episodic for 15 years. This past 2 years was the longest remission I have experienced and it was amazing.

Through those 2 years there was the oxygen tank in the corner of my bedroom as a reminder that one day they were going to return and bite me in the face, and they have fulfilled that prophecy.

In case you're wondering who I am, my previous screen name was Perediablo. I could not bring myself to use that name again. For one, it is my gamer name of 20+ years now, and for two it just doesn't fit anymore.

Hope y'all have a great day and get some PF time.

Peace and \m/ to all

IP Logged

brian trudeau
CH.com Junior

his arms are around me
and his tounge in my
eye

Kinde, MI USA
Re: I'm baaaaaaaack!
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 5:59pm

Sorry your back. I had a two year break (2006-2008) using the busting method and know what ya mean about the o2 in the corner as a reminder, but will gladly pay the ten dollar a month copay then to be caught without it when the beast returns. Also after that two year break is when my cycle became more random, more intense and longer lasting. (with daytime hits, heavy shadows and more than one nightime hit and running over longer the usual 4-6 week cycles into a 8-12) Guess it was the beast making up for lost time. Since 2008 its the regular twice a year cycles 4-6 weeks.
   I do not like him at all, and if your reading this from behind my left eye right now you can leave now a**hole

...but then you make me crawl..and I cant be holding on to what you got...when all you got is hurt...
briantrud briantrud briantrud  
IP Logged

Design_by_Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 6:32pm

I am a lefty as well. I agree that after the 2 year break, they are more intense, random, and of a longer duration. Let's hope this cycle is just the 4 week variety that I was so used to back in the day.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 10:38pm

Sorry to welcome you back,

Do you have a proper O2 setup? For me O2 is a life saver.....

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Design_by_Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 10:48pm

Sure do Don. Big ol' "M" tank with a very nice regulator that goes up to 60 LPM. I have the opti2 mask, but I prefer the mouth piece. I've burned through 2 M tanks since last Wednesday. They've been pretty often and intense this round.

Unfortunately I cannot take my tank with me to classes. I have 1 more semester to go at university and I was hoping to ride this last year without any clusters...that failed in an epic way to be sure. 'Trex on the go lately for me. I've been fortunate to have only one hit in class this last week. That's a little embarrasing in a class of only 15 people. If it was a huge lecture class I could just slip out, but small art studio classes don't allow for that. So I've been doing a lot of explaining to classmates and professors lately.

I love my oxygen. My welding supply house has to be wondering..."How the hell does this guy burn through so much oxygen and no acetylene?" LOL

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:10am

DBC,

I'll wager a couple long neck Lone Stars you're vitamin D3 deficient and that deficiency is contributing to your episodic cluster headaches. 

See your doc about a lab test for your serum concentration of 25(OH)D.  That's the serum level metabolite of vitamin D3 that's used to measure its status.  The normal reference range is 30 to 100 ng/mL...

My educated guess is the results of this lab test will show your serum concentration of 25(OH)D is below 30 ng/mL.

If I'm correct that you are vitamin D3 deficient, there's a 77% probability you can prevent your CH by taking the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day or more vitamin D3. 

See the following links for details:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

At 20 cents a day for the vitamin D3, calcium, and cofactor supplements, the anti-inflammatory regimen is a safe bet with a big payoff...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Design_by_Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:37am

Thanks Batch!

How've you been? My Little brother is in WA now in a VAQ squadron. He also just got his commission...from E-8 to LDO. Not sure I would've went that route, but he's enjoying himself. Senior Chief sounds so much better than LtJG.

Still using that regulator you recommended years ago, and it's amazing.

I will be checking on this D3 stuff with my doctor in a few days. Hope it works for me.

Remember, it takes a college education to fly a jet, and a high school education to fix it...LOL

Fair seas,
Eric

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:46am

Hate seein ya back.

Potter

IP Logged

Design_by_Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:01am

Thanks Potter.

Missed you too Tongue

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:33am

Hey Eric,

Great news about your brother making LDO...  The gear they've got in the Electric Hornets is awesome and it takes a pro to maintain it and the jet.

Having served as AVWEPs in an F-8 Crusader squadron and the Maintenance Officer in two F-4 Phantom squadrons...  there was never any doubt who got the jets up for us to fly...

It's also good to hear the Flotec 0-60 liter/minute oxygen regulator is working well for you.

I think you'll find the anti-inflammatory regimen to your liking...  Please keep us posted.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!