Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi (Read 874 times)
Akat
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hi
Nov 13th, 2012 at 12:02am

My name is Amanda, I am 23 years old, and I recently graduated College with a BS in Psychology. I have suffered from Episodic CH for about 5 years now. Generally, My cycle starts sometime between November-January and lasts for about 2-4 weeks. I average from 1-7 attacks through out the day, starting with one right as I wake up in the morning. I don't have a lot of experience with attacks waking me up in the middle of the night, it only happens a few nights during the cycle. I have never met anyone who knows what CH is let alone suffers from it. This is my first time reaching out to others who understand and experience CH. My family and friends have been very supportive but they obviously don't understand the extent of the pain I go through during a cycle (even though I know they really do try to). I am worried about how I will transition from a college student who worked part time while in school and had a very flexible schedule (If I had an attack I would skip class or find someone to work for me) to a professional who works a inflexible 40hr/wk schedule.
I have not yet entered a cycle this fall, but I am dreading it since I have had a cycle every year around this time since 2007.
I haven't had very good luck with doctors concerning CH until recently. I was even told by my primary physician that going to a neurologist would just be wasting both of our time as my CH were not severe enough to warrant their attention. Today I met with a Neurologist who was truly understanding and helpful. I was prescribed verapamil (sumatriptan, and prednisone as plans B and C) so maybe with any luck this cycle with be nonexsistant (or at least more mild?)

IP Logged

Verbal Architect
CH.com Newbie

Thy Beast I Will Slay!

Re: Hi
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 12:46am

Akat wrote on Nov 13th, 2012 at 12:02am:
I have never met anyone who knows what CH is let alone suffers from it. This is my first time reaching out to others who understand and experience CH.  

Hi Amanda Wink Nice to meet you.
Joining the forums is a great first step, So many people here who understand what you are going through.

If you ever need someone to talk to pm me Wink

T.V.A.
WWW the.verbal.architect  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 1:06am

Akat wrote on Nov 13th, 2012 at 12:02am:
I have never met anyone who knows what CH is let alone suffers from it. This is my first time reaching out to others who understand and experience CH.

We understand, Amanda.  Welcome home.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

ClusterHK
CH.com Junior

Ouch!

Now in Sydney, Australia!
Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 1:39am

Hello Amanda. We've been through the same that you have. Over time, you'll end up knowing more about CH than the vast majority of doctors.

More importantly, you'll learn how to manage the condition so that it has the minimum impact on your life. Smiley

Now trying a beer test - fingers crossed.

IP Logged

Akat
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 8:10am

Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate the support and look forward to getting to know everyone  Smiley

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 4:10pm

And you will definitely find a way to be a productive member of the workforce. I currently work two jobs (one of them full-time) and although I do have to leave work sometimes, I'm protected by the Family Medical Leave Act. Plus my co-workers rock! Make sure you find a job with rockin' co-workers.  Smiley

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Akat
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 11:16pm

That is very encouraging! I have discussed FMLA with my Dr to some degree already and I do happen to work with some great people! I have already discussed CH with my boss, and she seems to be pretty understanding, although I am not sure she quite understands how it effects me yet. But I feel that everyone I work with will help me out if need be.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!