Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sounds crazy,think I know what started my clusters (Read 1905 times)
Lori in Hamilton, OH
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hamilton, Ohio
Sounds crazy,think I know what started my clusters
Oct 31st, 2012 at 9:45pm

Only my mother knows this but after reading all the information on this board I think I should see what you guys think about this and who knows maybe someone else has had the same experience.

During the birth of my second child in June of 1995, I was given an epidural and having had one with the birth of my first child I knew something was very wrong with the one I was given during the birth of my second child. It burnt the entire time it was being administered, felt like someone had a match\lighter lite inside my spine like being burned from the inside out.

If memory serves me right I had my first cluster headache approximately two weeks after that shot, so to me I feel it has something to do with it.

Any feed back or backup articles\information on this would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

brian trudeau
CH.com Junior

his arms are around me
and his tounge in my
eye

Kinde, MI USA
Re: Sounds crazy,think I know what started my clusters
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 11:43pm

Sorry Never had a baby yet or an epidural Then again I do not have the right parts for that.  On a side note what would you rather have a baby nightly for two months straight or a Cluster hit?  PFDN to all.
Bri Bri

...but then you make me crawl..and I cant be holding on to what you got...when all you got is hurt...
briantrud briantrud briantrud  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 9:51am

We have had quite a few threads trying to discover the "origin" of the beast, and for the most part they are, while interesting, somewhat fruitless. For example, many believe the CHs began right after a head trauma. Others state they never had a head trauma but still have CHs. The hypothalmus seems to be involved as the main suspect, but what triggers the hypothalmus to start sending cluster beasties our way? That's above my paygrade. It seems a much better tactic to work on immediate triggers, abortives and preventatives. Those we can evaluate. You may be right after all but the bottom line is you gotta do something with the creature. blessings. lance

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 3:55pm

More than likely the epidural triggered rather than caused.

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 6:48pm

I think my cluster headaches were caused by being alive, and are exacerbated by continuing to be alive. All I can tell ya.  Wink It's just that I can't stop doing that living thing. It's too fun!

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Lori in Hamilton, OH
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hamilton, Ohio
Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 11:40pm

I know grasping at straws. Lance I have noticed you are nothing but positive (that is wonderful by the way).

I have been doing nothing but research lately trying to get a handle on this thing.

On the baby statement at least something beautiful comes out of it.  Smiley

I think I threw this out there more to see if anyone else has had the same experience or heard of the same thing..like I said wishful thinking.

Yes, it really does not matter it is what it is but I think if I could understand why it would be easier for me to get my head (lol) around it.

IP Logged

brian trudeau
CH.com Junior

his arms are around me
and his tounge in my
eye

Kinde, MI USA
Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 12:08am

Good call on at least something beautiful comes out of it. I have 3 kids too. ( a 11 year old daughter and  10 year old twins boy & girl ). When they came out they were not that beautiful though, more like purple yodas covered in smegma, but whithin a hour or two became beautiful and continue to be. They are prob the reason I did not put that letter opener in my head a few years back so God bless em.

...but then you make me crawl..and I cant be holding on to what you got...when all you got is hurt...
briantrud briantrud briantrud  
IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 1:23pm

Mine is from all the intelligent thoughts attempting to be released from my brain. Either that, or a combination of the 3 concussions (with the dozens more head shots I've taken) and possibly some effect from having untreated Celiac Disease for years (now under control for 13 years).

IP Logged

Lori in Hamilton, OH
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hamilton, Ohio
Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 7:00pm

Thank you to all for the responses and I wanted to let you all know the upped does of my Verapamil seems to be doing the trick (for now)  Smiley  I will still be stopping to check in and hopefully will be able to pass on good information to others as I learn more and more about this!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!